Ursuline Academy New Orleans
Ursuline Academy of New Orleans
Volunteer Opportunities 2019-2020
Dear Ursuline Parents,
As we emphasize the importance of service to our students, we also invite you to take part in a variety of service opportunities. We ask all of our parents to join in by volunteering for activities throughout the year. A minimum of 2 hours of service is required for all Ursuline families.
Please choose at least one volunteer opportunity. We will be in touch with you about the various details of the activity/event(s) you choose.
• ES (Elementary School) will be coordinated through the Head of Elementary, Shannon Culotta.
• HS (High School) will be coordinated through the High School principal, Tracy Bonday and the Dean of Students, Sue Heidel.
• PC (Parents’ Club) will be coordinated through the board.
• ES and HS Open Houses are coordinated by the Academy’s Admissions Director, Becky McLellan.
• Concession Stand/Sporting Events is coordinated by the Academy’s Athletic Director, Jay Jay Juan.
• The Advancement Office coordinates the La Fête Gala and Patron Party, the Spaghetti Supper, and Grandparents' Days.
• Homeroom and Grade Level Parents generally serve as a liaison between the parents in their daughter’s home room (for elementary school) or parents in their daughter’s grade level (for high school) and the administration/faculty of the Academy. Coordinating grade level or homeroom volunteers for various activities/events is the main responsibility of a Home Room or Grade Level Parents.
Thank you in advance for your gifts of time and talent. Your generosity is truly appreciated and is a concrete example of our Ursuline ideal of Serviam.