J Meals on Wheels
We invite you to come and deliver meals to our homebound seniors!
Here is what you need to know:
- You must complete this health screening on your phone and show the front desk (this is mandatory). https://erjcchouston.typeform.com/to/dMsRvX
- Please wear a mask (mandatory for delivering meals).
- Park and enter through the main lobby entrance. Proceed to the 1st floor - MOW Room to pick up your meals.
- Meal pickup is 10:15-10:30am at the Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center (5601 S Braeswood Blvd). Deliveries take 1-2 hours. Once you complete deliveries, please bring the coolers back to the J and drop them off.
- Hot meals are packed in a black bag and the cold items are bagged separately in a cooler.
- Client names and address will be provided at the time of meal pickup along with any special instructions.
- Drivers must be at least 18. We provide the coolers and you will need a GPS.
PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP THE NUMBER OF DRIVERS IN YOUR GROUP (OR THE NUMBER OF CARS YOU WILL BE USING TO DELIVER). Each driver/car will be delivering meals to 10-15 seniors.
If you have any questions please contact me, Kari Stein at [email protected] or 832-408-3532. Thank you for coming out to help your community.