Durham Friends Meeting has a hybrid Meeting for Worship on Sundays that takes place in-person in the Meetinghouse and on Zoom. We also have a Tuesday mid day meeting each week, using the Zoom platform:
- Sundays from 10-11:15 a.m. (approximately 60 minutes of worship and time for joys and sorrows)
- Tuesdays from 12-1 p.m. (approximately 30 minutes of worship and 30 minutes of informal check-in time)
If you are willing to facilitate one of these meetings, as either a tech facilitator, Tuesday Zoom facilitator,or a joys and sorrows facilitator, please sign up below. You will be sent an email with brief instructions. Please only sign up to be the technology facilitator or HVAC facilitator if you have had the in-person training. The role of Worship Facilitator is held by members of Ministry and Counsel or the Clerking Team.
For a Zoom facilitator on Tuesday, this will include:
- Suggestions on how to help people enter into online worship
- How to close worship
- How to facilitate the check-in time as a Zoom facilitator
- For Sunday worship, reminding people to send all announcments to [email protected] by Monday afternoon for publication.
Some familiarity with Zoom is helpful, but if you need a quick tutorial, please make a note in the signup area.
For a Joys and Sorrows facilitator this will include:
- How to lead joys and sorrows.
- How to lead introductions.
For a Tech Facilitaor this will include a link to the Worship Station Tech Guide.