Volunteering at Growing Home
To practice good measure we ask you to refrain from signing up at this time if you answer “yes” to any of the below questions:
- Are you under the age of 14?
- Are you part of a high-risk group?
- In the last 14 days:
- have you or someone you are living with or caring for returned from domestic travel to areas with case clusters of Covid-19?
- have you or someone you are living with or caring for returned from any international travel?
- Presently, are you experiencing any of the symptoms listed by the CDC which include: coughing, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
WEATHER - BASED CLOSURE NOTIFICATION - At the discretion of the organization’s leadership team, when an emergency occurs (Weather or otherwise), Growing Home will make every effort to notify volunteers of the closure by phone, text, and email. Closures will also be listed with local television stations. Food Pantry Distribution Closures: Due to the natures of in-person services the food pantry provides, it operates on its own closure schedule. Our staff and volunters have to travel to the office to provide food distribtion, so we pay close attention to the weather and roads in decinding whether food distribution will be open. In addition to the weather -related food distribution closues DO NOt mean that Growing HOme is closed.
While onsite at Growing Home, we will be reminding everyone of the following safety precautions: wash hands regularly, disinfect surfaces regularly, observe social distancing guidelines by keeping six feet of distance between yourself and others, avoid touching your face, and practice good hygiene. If anyone is feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms at any point, please stay home! Personal health and safety are always of primary importance.
Per the orders issued by Governor Polis, we kindly ask all volunteers to arrive already wearing (and ready to use) a personal face-mask of your choosing.
Volunteers are welcome to bring a personal snack/lunch if they desire.
For any general questions, please contact:
NEW SIGN UP GENIUS SLOTS:
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS WILL BE ASSIGNED UPON ARRIVAL
- LIGHT DUTY POSITONS MAY INCLUDE: GREETER, WALK UP, CHECK IN, BREAKING DOWN BOXES FOR OTHER STATIONS, BAGGING PERISHABLES, MEAT AND PRODUCE, OR PACKAGING DIAPERS, HYGIENE, BULK ITEMS, AND GUIDING TRAFFIC.
- HEAVY DUTY POSITIONS MAY INCLUDE: DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD BOXES TO OUR PARTICIPANTS WITHIN THE DRIVE-THRU, SUPPLYING FOOD ITEMS TO DISTRIBUTION AND WALK UP STATIONS, TEARING DOWN AND SETTING UP STATIONS.
- FLEXIBLE DUTY POSITIONS MAY INCLUDE: TASKS FROM BOTH LIGHT DUTY AND HEAVY DUTY DESCRIPTIONS ABOVE, AS WELL AS BILINGUAL ABILITY.
Dear Growing Home Familia, to change/delete your sign up, at the bottom of this description section select “ Already signed up? You can change your sign up” and that will allow you to manually update your schedule.
On-site 'Day of' Contacts:
- Monday: Paula Martin, our Food Supply Coordinator - 303 875 6512 [email protected]
- Tuesday-Saturday: Ruby Astorga, our Food Distribution Coordinator - 720-407-1985 [email protected]
|| Growing Home ,Inc.