Men's Resource Center Meal Interest
Thank you so much for your willingness to help with meal service at The Road Home's Men's Resource Center. We are so grateful for your support!
This opportunity invites individuals and small community groups to volunteer at our facility by helping with meal prep and service for up to 300 men, who are experiencing homelessness. Our kitchen facility can accommodate up to 6 volunteers at a time with plenty of tasks to keep everyone busy. Listed below is an overview of our program and helpful tips to prepare you for this engaging service opportunity.
Meal Service Timeline (Please note that times are subject to change and we will notify you in advance with any updates)
- Volunteer arrival time: 11:30AM
- Meal service begins: NOON
- Clean up begins: 1:00PM
- Volunteer arrival time: 4:30PM
- Dinner Service: 5:00PM
- Clean up begins: 6:00PM
Meal Service Tasks
- Please arrive on time to ensure we are able to serve meals on time
- Serving: Meal line service (place entrée on the clients’ plates)
- Stocking: Replenish utensils, plates, bowls and cups as needed
- Dishes: Perform routine dishwashing procedures (load and unload dishwasher, put away and restock clean dishes and utensils)
- Dining Room: Retrieve and return abandoned trays and dishes to the dish room, wipe down and sanitize dining room tables, floor care
- Clean-up: Breakdown assigned kitchen areas (clean and sanitize countertops & prep stations, empty garbage and recycling bins)
Meal Service Guidelines
- Meal volunteers must be at least 12 years old to be in the kitchen
- To ensure the privacy of the people we serve, photos/videos with shelter guests are not permitted at any time. Please reach out for specific photo guidelines.
- Appropriate kitchen attire recommended. For safety, closed toe shoes are considered appropriate footwear in the kitchen.
Cancellations: If you need to cancel your shift, please do so at least 48 hours in advance.
Covid 19: For the safety of our guests and volunteers we ask that you do NOT come in if you have experienced cough, fever or shortness of breath within 24 hours of your scheduled shift. Volunteers will be screened for symptoms, including a temperature read upon arrival.
Following the guidelines set in place by the CDC, we are asking volunteers who are 61 years of age or older to Not volunteer at this time. Stay safe, stay home.
Please direct any questions to Susannah at [email protected]
|| Susannah and Haylee The Road Home