Dear Assumption Community,
Christ is Risen!
It was great seeing all of you that we're able to attend our Holy Week services. It was very nice to see our pews with more of our parishioners in Church and worshipping safely. I want to thank our volunteers for their professionalism and hard work in protecting the health of our community and our parishioners for your patience with and attention to our policies. Based on last week's update to the City of Chicago COVID guidelines for Phase IV, we are happy to announce the elimination of our online pre-reservation process to attend Assumption Church. While pre-reservation will no longer be required to attend services in-person, the health and safety of our Assumption community remain our top priority, and we need your help in adhering to the public health protocols we've set in place in accordance with Metropolis guidelines.
What does this mean to you?
- We WILL closely monitor capacity limits via our check-in process and restrict where Parishioners may sit.
- We WILL still require all Parishioners to enter and check in via St. Catherine's.
- We WILL still require all Parishioners to provide their names and have their temperatures taken.
- We WILL still require all Parishioners to follow COVID protocols - mask-wearing, six-foot distance, pew spacing. (No exceptions, this includes Church workers)
- We WILL still require all Parishioners to follow usher's directions for the flow of foot traffic during Communion (down the center aisle and up the right-hand side) and exiting (go down the right-hand side and exit up the left-hand side).
- We WILL allow all Parishioners into the Church without the requirement of reserving a seat, in advance. It is first-come, first-served.
- We WILL be closing our doors at 10:30 am on Sundays, and after 30 minutes after other services begin.
- We WILL fill up our MAIN CHURCH and CHOIR LOFT (in non roped off pews), first.
- Once, non-roped-off pews are filled, we WILL ask Parishioners to remain at St. Catherine's Chapel and enjoy the video broadcast.
- There is no guarantee that we will be able to provide you with a seat once capacity limits are reached due to public health guidelines.
- We WILL ask memorials to submit up to 10 names of the family to be seated together, and those names need to be submitted to the CHURCH office.
This is a big step in the right direction, and we pray that we will soon be able to entertain additional updates as the City of Chicago continues to relax its guidelines as vaccination distribution expands and other reopening metrics improve.
We will keep you posted, and we look forward to seeing you at Church.
May God bless all of you and your families
Thomas K Demos
Assumption Greek Orthodox Church of Chicago