SWHS Culinary Garden Volunteers
Students (and SWHS Parents): To volunteer in the garden, please find a shift already staffed by a Master Gardener volunteer. It's the student's responsibility to document any requirement for community service hours, and MGs will happily provide signatures when needed. Please scroll down and re-read any instructions about current garden requirements before signing up. These may be updated according to the season/garden needs. Thanks!!
**Up to three students/parents per shift unless otherwise arranged**
Master Gardeners: Please select a shift. After an MG commits to an available time, then students (or parents) may sign up for corresponding shift times. Please also scroll down and re-read any instructions about current garden needs. These may be updated according to the season. Thanks!!
Instructions + Current Garden Needs - Read this!! -
Thank you so much for your time!!
- Cut down and turn under in green manure in bin
- Install poles for fava beans
- Remove dead tomato vines and other spent veggie foliage
- Clean up asparagus bed (weed and remove excess flowers); top dress with compost or steer manure
- Fertilize garlic
- Add soil and/or mulch to bins with low soil levels
- Aerate active compost corral by turning; incorporate fresh material
- Chop or crush plant material to be added to compost
- Segregate and/or screen finished compost
- Plant seeds and starts (as available)
Please ask a Master Gardener before adding to the compost bin!