Heights Interfaith Ministries Food Pantry
Neighbors helping neighbors fight hunger one family at a time!
Starting in November, our distribution hours are changing for safety after Daylight Savings Times ends.
- Thursdays: 4pm - 5:30pm (volunteer shifts start at 3:15pm)
- Saturdays: 10am - noon (no change - volunteer shifts start at 9am)
During COVID, we distribute pre-bagged groceries outside, rather than assisting clients select food.
If you do sign up for a slot and you are unable to come, please delete your sign-up so another can take your place. At all times, we limit the number of volunteers to ensure social distancing and safety, and do need the help of each person signed up! Thank you!
Please note: Due to Houston Food Bank Requirements, all volunteers will have temperatures taken upon arrival, must wear masks inside the pantry, and must wear gloves during distribution. Masks and gloves are provided.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old at this time.
Below, please find multiple opportunities to help:
1) Sorting product donations, such as produce, stocking shelves.
2) Preparing bags of groceries before we distibute during normal hours.
3) Assisting distribution on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
In addition, if you are available to pick up donations, help unload product deliveries, and a variety of jobs done in the background, please email [email protected] with your contact information.
Thank you for support during this difficult time. Be safe and keep others in your thoughts.
|| Terri Dougherty