Good Sports drives equitable access in youth sports and physical activity, by supporting children in high-need communities to achieve their greatest potential, on the field and in life. Founded in 2003 with a donation of 500 basketballs, Good Sports has grown into a national organization that has donated over $72 million worth of equipment to give 8.5 million kids a chance to play.
Good Sports has weekly volunteer opportunities available at our warehouse located in Braintree, MA.
WHAT YOU MAY HELP WITH:
- Sorting, counting, and recording of donations
- Kitting gear and packing of donations
- Tagging and labeling donations
- Product prep and assembly
- Cycle counting of inventory
- Breaking down of corrugated refuse
- Some opportunities will require that you be able to regularly lift and/or move objects 10-30lbs as well as to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach for sustained periods of time
- Some opportunities may be more stationary and involve kitting gear, tagging & labeling, and/or product assembly
Ages 18+ are welcome
Ages 16-17 are welcome with a waiver signed in advance by a parent or guardian
Ages 12-15 are welcome with an adult who must also sign up to volunteer alongside you
SCHEDULE and LOCATION:
Good Sports welcomes volunteers to our warehouse on a weekly basis every Tuesday (9a-12p), Wednesday (4p-7p), and Thursday (1p-4p), excluding holidays. Volunteer commitments are 3 hours in length, and we do request this minimum commitment be made to allow ample time for introductions and training. Please note, that we do schedule our volunteers and as such we are unable to accept drop-ins. Our warehouse is located at 1515 Washington Street in Braintree, MA with ample free parking. NOTE: If you do not see a date/time/shift that works for your individual needs, please contact Alyssa Gair at [email protected] If you are a looking for a Corporate Group volunteer opportunity please visit our Groups Volunteer Page https://www.goodsports.org/volunteer/
COVID-19 GUIDANCE for VOLUNTEERS:
Before participating in a project, we ask all volunteers to review the following health and safety guidelines.
- Vaccination is required. Every volunteer will be required to provide written proof of full vaccination (two weeks post 2nd dose of Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks post a single dose of J&J).
- Please come to the project with a personal face covering. Face coverings are required for every volunteer regardless of vaccination status.
- Do not volunteer if:
- You have had any symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- You have tested positive for Covid-19 and have not yet been cleared from isolation
- You believe you may have been exposed to Covid-19 within the past 14 days
- You will be asked to sign a Good Sports Volunteer Waiver with a Covid-19 Waiver Addendum
- Maintain social distancing of 3-6 feet as much as possible while on-site; work with fellow volunteers and other staff to help ensure this is possible for everyone
- Follow all on-site safety and personal hygiene measures as displayed or described by Good Sports staff
- Communicate with Good Sports in a timely manner if you become ill or learn you had previously been exposed to Covid-19
- Expect that volunteer opportunities may be cancelled during Covid-19 with or without notice
- If you are unsure, please ask about any risk that may be associated with the task and do not take part if you are uncomfortable
- Bring your own waterbottle. Water refill stations are available.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you for your support!