Colorado School of Acting
ACTING WEEKLY WORKSHOPS - ATTEND IN PERSON OR ON ZOOM!
Questions? We're here to help! Call 720-233-4832.
IN PERSON: Tuesday (Centennial) & Thursday (Lakewood).
- Always bring your mask in case it's a time we need to wear them. CDC and State guidance can change week to week, so it's good to be prepared.
- We have limited spots in person, to support social distancing. If you sign up to attend in person, make sure you come. If you no-show, you will not be allowed to sign up in person for a while.
- LOCATIONS - Be sure you note there are 2 different locations! Look carefully!
ZOOM / ONLINE: Wednesdays
- Sign up below for the date(s) you want to attend.
- CLICK HERE at your class time.
- If you try to sign in early, that is fine, but the teacher will admit you right at the start of class.
- If you cannot seem to get logged in to class, feel free to call 720-233-4832.
- We are taking extra measures to keep our space safe, such as hand-washing, sanitizing surfaces, continuously running air filtration systems, limiting class size, and increasing the physical space between students. However, it is always your own responsibility to stay home if you are concerned about exposure. That's why we offer Zoom Workshops! And definitely stay home if you are sick.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP
- Sign up for the date you want below.
- There is nothing to prepare. You can start any week!
- Beginners are welcome! Experienced actors are welcome! You can work at your own level.
- First-Time Students are FREE! Only if you have never before attended any classes at any Colorado School of Acting locations. You MUST sign in fully before attending class.
- Pay Per Class. $35 per class. You will be prompted to pay when you sign up below. (No refunds.)
- Elite Program Actors: Weekly Workshops are FREE to students currently enrolled in our Elite Program. All you have to do is sign up for "STUDENTS WITH MONTHLY TUITION" below.
These are AWESOME, DROP-IN ACTING CLASSES, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- "Ever since my daughter started taking acting classes here, I've watched her confidence go up, up, up!" - Gwen
- "I'm so happy my son has found his tribe of creative people that he can look up to." - Jen
- "Your Weekly Workshops are the perfect mix of fun and learning." - Nadya
- "My instructors made me feel so comfortable trying something new." - Kevin
- "Without CSA, we wouldn't have had any idea how to do all these cool things my kids have been doing!" - Cindy
Weekly Workshops are offered for two main types of students:
- All Ages: You want to learn more about ACTING without making a big commitment. These are excellent acting classes that you may attend as often as you want. The Pay Per Class option allows for people with busy schedules. And we even offer a discount if you sign up for 4 or more at once.
- Kids & Teens: You are interested in pursuing acting more seriously, and you may want to audition for our Elite Program for Youth. You want to check out our school with a drop-in Workshop to help you decide if this is the right place for you to improve your acting skills!
CURRICULUM - Each class session includes:
- Warm-ups: Stretching & Tongue Twisters
- Improv-Based Games and Exercises
- Scripted Material - Topics rotate, but the scripts are always different. The Topics are:
- Topic A: Commercial Audition & Performance Skills including Slating. Improvised and Scripted Commercials are addressed.
- Topic B: 2-Person Scenes, with both people on camera or onstage (like theatre).
- Topic C: TV & Film Auditions, with only one actor on-camera (like a self-tape audition).
- Topic D: Monologues - Students may bring in their own, or do one that the instructor provides.
- You can start any time. The curriculum is not cumulative. Each class stands alone.
Class times are divided by age group. You can use the tabs at the top of this page to switch to sign up for the other age groups.
- In order to attend, YOU MUST SIGN UP so we know who's coming - even if you're in the Elite Program!
- If you can't make it, please cancel on this form (not via email, phone or any other method). This is where the teachers check for sign-ups.
|| Colorado School of Acting (CSA)