St. Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity
Building homes is hungry work - help us feed our amazing volunteers!
Interested in getting involved with St. Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity, but can't commit to a day of volunteering on site? More comfortable with a spatula and spoon than a hammer and saw? Consider providing a lunch or snacks to a hungry volunteer crew!
What we are asking for:
- FOOD! Lunches are the main priority, but we will happily accept donations of snacks, breakfast, morning coffee, and treats! If you would like to make a monetary donation that we can put towards a meal from a restaurant of our choosing, we will gratefully accept that as well! (Contact information is farther down on the page.)
- Potluck, cook-out, or picnic-style meal spreads; in the past we have had meals including pulled pork sandwiches, sloppy joes, and tacos accompanied by items like pasta salads, chips, and veggies
- Sandwich variety platters
- Baked goods such as bars or cookies
- Pre-packaged snacks like granola bars and single-serving bags of chips
- Coffee with sugar, cream, and other condiments
- Veggie and fruit trays
Logistics and Details:
- Build days are usually Tuesday through Saturday, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- For this upcoming build, we will have anywhere between 3 to 15 volunteers on site and 1 to 2 staff members, depending on the day.
- Lunch break is usually taken around noon.
- Delivery is preferred, either directly from a restaurant or dropped off by the donor.
- We provide: water and tables to set food up on; outlets and extension cords if needed for crock pots or other heating devices
- We DO NOT provide: refrigeration
- All donors, whether a restaurant or individual, will be mentioned and thanked via social media! We will also make sure to include pictures of donated meals in our “Photo Friday” posts on Facebook and Instagram and include signage on site so that our volunteers know who provided their meal.
How to sign up:
Choose a day or days for which you would like to provide food. Each day we anticipate that we will have volunteers on site is listed below and includes how many volunteers are currently signed up for that day, and what, if any, organization the group is from. (Note: the volunteer total DOES NOT include SCVHFH staff; there will usually be 1 or 2 staff present on site.) Please try to choose a date at least one week ahead of time so that we are able to coordinate in a timely manner. After you sign up, we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to confirm details and provide more information! This calendar will have volunteer numbers updated daily; we will also be in contact both 48 hours and 24 hours before your scheduled donation day in order to keep you up-to-date with volunteer numbers and any potential cancellation concerns for the day.
(Please keep in mind: all volunteer dates are tentative, and may require cancellation or rescheduling due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. We will keep you apprised of any such situations as soon as we are aware of them.)
Thank you so much for your interest in helping to keep our volunteers happy and fed! There are so many different pieces that go into building a Habitat home, and the love and support we’ve felt from our community has been tremendous. We can’t do it without you! If you have any questions at all, please contact Jessie at [email protected].
Please note: in order to complete your sign up, you must click the "sign up" checkbox on the date entry, and then the "Submit and Sign Up" button located at the bottom of the page to be taken to the next screen!
1167 Rich River Way
1167 Rich River Way, New Richmond, WI 54017