Join Bikes Not Bombs every Wednesday from 6-9 PM for our weekly Volunteer Night. Visit Bikesnotbombs.org/volunteer for more information.
- Pre-registration is required.
- All skill-levels and ages are welcome! Youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Spots are available for the first 10 registrants.
- We are looking for experienced volunteers who are comfortable leading a small group of beginning volunteers.
- Try to wear clothes that can get dirty. Closed-toed footwear is required to ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Occasionally, Volunteer Night will be canceled due to weather or a holiday. Such cancelations will appear in our events list on the home page.
Work may include the following common tasks:
- "Flattening" bikes -- turning the handle bars sideways and the pedals inside-out so that the bikes fit easily into a shipping container to send overseas in our international programs.
- "Stripping" bikes -- taking all the parts off of a frame (needs to be done for bikes that have some broken pieces).
- Sorting parts
- Building up bikes
- General cleaning, housekeeping, and other tasks!
A volunteer coordinator will show you what to do, and no experience is required.
Bringing A Group
Please schedule groups with us at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact Andrew Ahern at [email protected].
Due to our limited capacity, not all group volunteering requests can be accommodated, and we can only accommodate groups of 5 or fewer people.