Carl T. johnson Hunting and Fishing center
Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center classroom use policies and procedure for meetings. To register for a date, fill in all the questions. If you do not fill in all the required fields it will not let you register. There is no charge at this time for the use of the VC if you are a conservation group or sister agencie, when it is not being used for interpretive programs.
Once the Form is filled out it will email me. I will then send you an email saying approved, approved with conditions, or denied and you need to pick a different date.
Meetings are broke down into morning 8am- noon, afternoon12:30-5pm, and evening 5pm on. If you need all three than you must register for all three.
Dates may be added upon request.
I want to see the classroom being used for conservation activities. Please do your part to keep the doors open and meetings free of charge for groups to use the classroom.
Please understand that the VC budget for discretionary spending is $3000.00 a year and that must provide materials for all the school groups which include printing, public programs, equipment replacement, and displays. It does not go far. The stw’s hours are limited to 2800 hours a year. These hours are used to provide customer service, for school field trips, and programs 7 days a week 6 months out of the year. As you can guess they also do not go far. Not all the STW’s will know how to use the AV equipment. The coffee and other supplies in the kitchen are purchased out of the employees’ pockets so please respect their stuff in the cupboards. The policies below are created out of passed issues we have encountered at the vc.
By registering to use the classroom you understand and agree to the following.
- Staff may or may not be present for your meeting.
- If you need to use the presentation equipment you are more than welcome to do so. You are on your own for setting it up. Directions are provided in a three-ring binder at the back of the classroom. Along with the TV remotes. If you are worried about it come in early or even the day before to test it. Please understand the Interpretation staff have a job to do your meeting is not our priority.
- Large coffee pot is under the sink to the right. Takes about 30min to do 40 cups. Please do not expect or ask the staff to make coffee, go get lunch, or make copies for you.
- You must bring your own coffee, cups, sweeteners and so forth.
- We do not provide:
- Coffee, cups, sweeteners, or anything else you may need for refreshments.
- Presentation remotes
- PC adaptive equipment. The cord is a standard HDMI.
- Phone conference capabilities are not available. We do not have a phone line in the classroom.
- Copies- please do not use the copy machine. Make sure you bring extra copies.
- All non-government vehicles MUST have the recreation passport. This is what keeps our doors open, lot plowed, and the lights on. There is a fee pipe at the north end of the parking lot that participants can fill out. No exceptions will be granted.
- You are responsible for unlocking and locking the VC back up. A key code will be provided for the back door.
- You are responsible for taking out anything you bring in. Unless cleared by Ben or Ed. Garbage may be placed in the dumpsters at the campground.
- Tables and chairs must be arranged back the way they were after the meeting. You may arrange them however you like.
- Tables must be wiped down if you are having lunch in the room after every meeting.
- Wi-Fi password is Dolomieu Please only give it to presenters and must need people only. Once we have to many people log on the wifi it will go very slow. To the point our staff is unable to work. CTJ staff work will take priority and the internet may be turned off to guessed if this happens.
- The classroom is not guaranteed, and fishing room or old classroom may be setup for you if the Interpretive staff need the classroom for programs.
- The center will remain open to the public and school groups during your meeting if scheduled during this time.
- Garbage bags, paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies can be found through the door to the right of the big fish tank in the lobby.
- You are responsible for your employees and guessed. Your are responsible for replacing anything missing or broken during the meeting.
- No buddy is allowed behind the front desk no exceptions.
- No weddings, graduation parties, birthday parties will be approved.
- you may not charge a fee for any class or meetings. Non of these will be aproved or you maybe asked to leave.
- All meetings that do not have a DNR employee present must fall within open hours. The Key code or Hunt and fish center emaployee will not be provided to open the building out side of normal hours.
- *Coding for state agencies must be provided. If CTJ staff must clean up your mess after your meeting staff hours will be coded to your budget.
Failure to follow our policies will result in the CTJ to start charging the same fees as the RAM center. So please lets do our part to keep this place a free place for conservation education to happen.