30 Seussisms to Inspire You
Dr. Seuss Quotes You'll Love
Did you know Dr. Seuss was challenged to write Green Eggs and Ham using only 50 words? Now we challenge you to enjoy our favorite quotes from the famous author!
- Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive that is you-er than you!
- Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- A person’s a person no matter how small.
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
- Think and wonder, wonder and think.
- How did it get so late so soon?
- You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
- It’s better to know how to learn than learn how to know.
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.
- To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.
- I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
- You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.
- Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!
- Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
- I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.
Make reading fun for your child with these READING TIPS.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
- It’s not about what it is it’s about what it can become.
- Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act.
- You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!
Feeling inspired? Help motivate budding bookworms by participating in Read Across America activities! After all, leaders are readers.
Posted by hello bye on Mon Sep 7, 2015 9:21 PM EST
Posted by Catherine Herbert on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 AM EST
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.
I am a teacher... What a great way for me to organize my parent volunteers. It was very easy to use, looked great and has saved me lots of time! Thank you for making such a fabulous resource!
Donna Guzman -
See what others say