A Kol HaLev Kiddush (the prayers over wine and challah following a service + a snack or meal) is a time for coming together as a community to create and renew our relationships with one another, regardless of what has brought us together at the kiddush hour – services, picking up a Hagiga student, Mindful Jewish Meditation, adult ed, or the simple desire to see friends. That's why all Kol HaLev members take a turn hosting Kiddush at least once a year, even if they are not regular service attendees.
NEW! Please read our recently-revised instructions for hosting kiddush (with instructions for set-up and clean-up, food suggestions). Choose the one that fits the kind of kiddush you've signed up to host from the files attached below.
- Shabbat Morning Kiddush
- Friday Night/Kabbalat Shabbat Potlucks
- Non-Friday Night Potlucks
TO SIGN-UP FOR A KIDDUSH, choose your preferred date, then click the checkbox in the "Sign Up" button next to it. Scroll down and click the BIG BLUE "Submit and Sign Up" BUTTON at the bottom, then follow the prompts.
- Dates with two slots coincide with Hagiga, our children's education program, when attendance increases.
- To host a 2-slot Kiddush on your own, simply enter your name in both slots.
- To increase the number of co-hosts, you can add a second or third slot if needed.
- Host a kiddush to celebrate a special occasion! Use the message box to indicate what you're celebrating.
IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR SIGN-UP DATE FOR ANY REASON, you are responsible for finding a replacement to cover your kiddush. Fortunately, it is usually not difficult to find another member willing to trade with you.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, contact Kiddush Co-Coordinator Audrey Warner at [email protected] or 216 233-2739. If you are unable to connect with Audrey by 5 days before your hosting date, please email [email protected] and put Kiddush in the subject line.