St. Matthew's Lutheran Church
Guidelines for Nursery Volunteers
Thank you for volunteering to provide nursery support. The following are some guidelines you may find helpful.
- Only children THREE YEARS OF AGE or younger should be in the nursery. Once children turn four, they are welcomed to accompany their parents to the service.
- Please make sure parents sign in each child and place a name tag on the child, the diaper bag and sippy cup. Name tags are on the wall by the nursery door.
- There must be at least 2 nursery volunteers. If there are not at least 2, let an usher know right away so someone can be found to help out. Children must have someone with them at all times, including going to the bathroom and getting a drink.
- Basic first aid guidelines are posted over the diaper changing table. Gloves and a sanitizing hand washing liquid which needs no water are available. You may want to have all children use the hand liquid when they first come in. First aid supplies are located in the medicine cabinet.
- If a child gets hurt during the nursery session, please fill out a pink accident report located in the medicine cabinet. If you need a cold pack they are in the freezer located in the kitchen past the offices. If it’s serious, get the parent from the worship service.
- Toys that children put in their mouths should be sanitized. Please put them in the sanitize container behind the rocking chair.
- Please be sure to clean up the nursery before leaving: toys should be placed back on the shelves or in the baskets, any food spilled on the table or floor should be picked up and the tables wiped off. The sextons will take care of removing the trash (including the diaper pail) and vacuuming.
If you have any questions on the instructions above, or are not sure how something is done please contact Stephanie Bortner at 571-216-5623 or [email protected]
Thank you for serving as a Nursery attendant!
St. Matthew's Lutheran Church Nursery
|| Steph Bortner