HumaneK9 Dog Training
RELATIONSHIP BASED TRAINING
HUMANEK9 Dog Training offers various training classes designed to assist owners in training and bonding with their dogs using positive reinforcement methods. We feel strongly that a successful relationship is created between dog and owner by building trust and mutual understanding. We believe in and use humane training methods that enhance the communication between owner and dog.
Our classes are taught using positive-reinforcement based training and encourage the use of humane "people empowering" techniques in our classes. Our positive training methods make communication possible by praising positive behavior while ignoring or correcting negative behavior.
We will use an open enrollment concept as our standard for this course. This means the total number of skills and concepts are the same as the traditional class, except all the parts of each skill are taught in a single class. For example, all the steps for cuing a sit and holding the sit position are addressed in one class.
All dogs participating in class must be non-aggressive towards humans and other animals.
Fee: 4 week semester $110 per dog
Skills that will be taught:
- How dogs learn, consistency, timing
- Cues & Markers (verbal, non-verbal, clicker)
- Reward Reinforcement, Rate of Reinforcement, Placement of Reinforcment
- Foucs with RFT's
- Attention / Watch Me
- Sit / Down / Stand
- Wait / Stay
- Come / Recall
ITEMS TO BRING TO CLASS
- You will have the opportunity to purchase items required for this course at Pet Wants
- A hungry dog (this increases your dog's interest in food rewards)
- Plenty of high value soft treats (string cheese, hot dogs, chicken, deli meats, Zukes, Fruitables, Plato treats, etc.). Treats that are dry and crumble are not recommended.
- Dogs favorite toys (1-3 of them)
- Frozen stuffed food toys like a West Paw Tux or Toppl or Kong
- A mat, crate pad or yoga mat with traction on the bottom. Your dog should comfortably fit its entire body on it. This will be used to teach your dog to stay on this "place" so pick something you will be using all the time.
- Treat bag, bait bag, clicker if you use one (optional)
- Water for yourself and your dog - water bowl
- A properly fitted collar or harness. No prong, choke or electric shock collars are permitted.
- A 4ft or 6ft leash - No retractable or Flexi leashes are permitted.
- Please note that due to COVID-19 you will be required to wear a face mask when entering any stores/public places.
- Sneakers are required for all classes.
- Set up your space up with enough room in between other students in the class.
- Please be mindful of your dog's behavior throughout the class. If your dog is barking excessively or otherwise unruly, you may be excused from class if you are unable to appropriately manage your dog's barking/behavior.
- Arrive a few minutes early to allow for parking and so you can set up prior to bringing your dog into the class. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times.
- Please do not allow your dog to interact with other dogs in the class.
- Be sure to take your dog to potty prior to the start of class and clean up after your dog. Potty area is located on the street swale/grassy areas. Please clean up after your dog.
- Female dogs in season are not permitted to attend class.
Payment will be required at the time of registration to secure your spot in class. Unpaid registrations cannot be held and will be given to any student on our waitlist. Classes with less than minimum participation (determined by the number of paid spots) are subject to cancellation. If you have registered for class and can no longer attend, please notify us in writing at least 3 days in advance and we will refund your payment. Refunds cannot be offered once classes begin. Payment options include: Zelle or Venmo.
Once a class is confirmed based on the required number of participant registrations, you will receive an email with payment instructions, address to the training facility and other important class information.
Pet Wants Weston
1720 Main St, Weston, FL 33326
|| Marni Bellavia - HumaneK9 Dog Training