Heart to Heart
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Heart to Heart.
Please view our webpage for a detailed description of all volunteer activities. If this is your first time volunteering with the food pantry, please review it as it includes FAQs, volunteer requirements and sign up tips.
Temporary Change in process at Heart to Heart Food Pantry
The health and well-being of our clients, volunteers and staff are top priorities for us here at the Heart to Heart. To that end, Heart to Heart will move from its current shopping model to pre-packaged boxes, beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
The plan upon arrival at Heart to Heart:
- Clients will be asked to stay in their vehicles and a volunteer will help line up cars on the curb along First Avenue.
- A volunteer will register clients for the pantry while they remain in their cars.
- Clients will pull up op to the Heart to Heart building and receive pre-packaged boxes based on family size. Please note the following:
- Clients will only be able to shop for themselves and one other family member.
- Family members should fall under the “High Risk” category:
- Persons over 65
- Persons with chronic medical conditions: Diabetes, Chronic lung disease, cancer, etc.
- Case managers will only be able to shop for two families.
- Clients will then exit by driving past the front of First Community South onto Cambridge Blvd.
In the interest of keeping human contact to an absolute minimum, what the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) calls “social distancing,” we believe that this is the safest course of action to take moving forward, especially during these challenging times.
We so appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all look out for one another during this public health threat and as this situation continues to unfold. Please check in on each other, take care of each other, and pray for each other.
Volunteer Roles for alternative service plan
- There will be 1 volunteer to help with setting up traffic when clients first arrive on First Ave.
- There will be 1 volunteer checking in people on a tablet and 1 for a backup. (2 tablets all together)
- We will have tables underneath the tent to check-in people as well as coolers with meat in them to serve clients. We will ask them is there any meat they do not want.
- There will be 2 volunteers to help load vehicles
- There will be 3 volunteers to run back and forth to fill the tables underneath the tent with more food.
- There will be 1 volunteer to direct traffic at the end of the line to show clients how to exit.
- Floating Volunteers: 1 volunteer will help with the line should it back up on Cambridge Blvd also check in our walkers and let them know where to sit, which will be on the benches, 1 volunteer float for any supplies needed, extra smile, extra hand, etc.
We will go only out of the back door of the annex.
|| Missions First Community Church