Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts
Volunteers are needed to manually count bicyclists and pedestrians at several locations across Lawrence, Eudora, and Baldwin City in September. The Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization, with the help of volunteers, will be conducting bicycle and pedestrian counts on:
- Wednesday, September 5th - 10am - 12pm and 5pm - 7pm
- Thursday, September 6th - 10am - 12pm and 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday, September 8th - 12pm - 2pm
- Wednesday, September 12th - 10 am - Noon and 5pm - 7pm
- Thursday, September 13th - 10 am - Noon and 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday, September 15th - 12pm - 2pm
Volunteers will be taught the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project method created by Alta Planning and Design and the Institute of Transportation Engineers by watching a 4 minute training video. Please access the training video here.
Please indicate in your comments if you have a quadrant preference. We will attempt to accommodate your preference. We need multiple people for each quadrant, so please indicate your quadrant preference even if it is already taken - for example we need 6 counters in the SE quadrant for each shift.
This is the sign up for Lawrence. Baldwin City and Eudora have their own sign up forms.