Chesterfield County Democratic Committee
On Election Day, Democratic volunteers are needed at Chesterfield's voting precincts to:
- Deliver and "plant" our candidates' signs at polling places before the polls open
- Set up our oversized Democratic Ticket sign at least 40 ft from voter entrance - first shift
- Greet voters before they enter the polling place
- Help voters with problems and contact Voter Protection as needed
- Assist disabled voters with getting help from Officers of Election for curbside voting
- Request voter turnout numbers from Officers of Election
- Remove Democratic Ticket sign and any candidate signs left behind - last shift
We need one volunteer per shift. If you can, please sign up for all day long! A lot of our usual “outside” volunteers have transitioned to “inside” this year, so we will have fewer volunteers available. The fewer people we have at each polling place, the safer things will be.
We expect our volunteers to wear their masks when at the polling places and encourage them to bring a chair. There will be no handouts or sign-up sheets this year. Everything will be done by scanning QR codes via cell phone. Taking breaks in your vehicle is encouraged – just keep the sign within sight.
Pick-up of oversized Democratic Ticket signs will be arranged prior to Election Day.
Thanks for helping keep polling places safe for Democrats in Chesterfield!
Swift Creek Elementary School, 13800 Genito Road, 23112