St. Mary of the Valley
I am excited that we are able to celebrate Mass. In doing so, as your spiritual father, I am concerned about your physical as well as spiritual wellbeing. For that reason we must follow directives and adhere to strict guidelines in order to maintain this privilege and keep everyone safe.
SIGN UPS FOR WEEKEND MASSES WILL CLOSE ON SATURDAY AT NOON.
Please read the following guidelines and instructions before signing up.
Everyone must self-screen for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before arriving at the location. Temperature of 100.4°F will not be permitted.
In order to successfully pass screening, a person must be able to answer “No” to each of these 6 questions. A “Yes” to even one question is a failed screening. In the last 14 days, have you:
1. Traveled internationally?
2. Been exposed to a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 without the correct PPE?
3. Had a temperature at least 100.0°F?
4. Had new or increased shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
5. Had a new cough?
6. Had at least two of the following symptoms together:
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
There will be only one Entrance. Enter through the South Entrance (Chapel Side)
There are going to be a number of requirements for those who attend:
- Anyone attending Mass does so at his or her own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk and otherwise concerned persons should remain home. If you sign up and cannot attend, please let us know right away so we can assign your seat to someone else.
- Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain home. It is required that each person conduct a voluntary self-assessment of their health as a pre-condition for attending Mass. You must pass the assessment before signing up.
- Mass attendance will be limited to 120 people.
- Physical distancing must be practiced at all times - minimum of six feet apart (except members of the same household).
- Use of face masks/coverings is required for all individuals attending the Mass. Exceptions to this rule include very young children (under 2 years of age).
- No congregational singing.
- Every member of your family must be signed up, we will be checking in every person at the door. Make sure to edit the Quantity box to let us know exactly how many members of your family will attend (including children).
- PLEASE ARRIVE 20-30 MINUTES BEFORE MASS STARTS TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHECK-IN
While receiving communion:
- Communion must be received on the hand. Please hold your hand out flat, rather than "cupped" to avoid touching the minister.
- Remove any face coverings before presenting yourselves for Holy Communion.
- You may not wear gloves to receive Holy Communion.
We WILL be continuing our livestream of Sunday Masses. Remember that the dispensation for attending Mass remains in place, and so we ask anyone who is:
- worried about their health
- exhibiting signs of sickness
- immunocompromised to please stay home at this time.
|| St. Mary of the Valley