Everyone must self-screen for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before arriving at the location. Temperature of 100.4°F will not be permitted.
In order to successfully pass screening, a person must be able to answer “No” to each of these 6 questions. A “Yes” to even one question is a failed screening. In the last 14 days, have you:
1. Traveled internationally?
2. Been exposed to a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 without the correct PPE?
3. Had a temperature at least 100.0°F?
4. Had new or increased shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
5. Had a new cough?
6. Had at least two of the following symptoms together: o Chills o Muscle pain o Headache o Sore throat o New loss of taste or smell
There are going to be a number of requirements for those who attend:
- Everyone is required to wear a universal face mask inside or outdoors while on St. Mary of the Valley grounds. Exceptions to this rule include very young children (under 2 years of age are excluded).
- For outdoor Masses, to save time and energy disinfecting, everyone who attends will need to bring their own chairs/ seating (and umbrellas for rain)
- 6' Social distancing will be required among households.
- No congregational singing.
The bishops have instructed us not to distribute communion during Mass, but rather after Mass.
While receiving communion:
- Communion must be received on the hand. Please hold your hand out flat, rather than "cupped" to avoid touching the minister.
- Remove any face coverings before presenting yourselves for Holy Communion.
- You may not wear gloves to receive Holy Communion.
We WILL be continuing our livestream of Masses. Remember that the dispensation for attending Mass remains in place, and so we ask anyone who is:
- worried about their health
- exhibiting signs of sickness
to please stay home at this time.
- Every member of your family must be signed up, we will be checking in every person at the door.
- Parishioners are only allowed to sign up to ONE Mass per week.
- PLEASE ARRIVE 20-30 MINUTES BEFORE MASS STARTS TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHECK-IN