Lancaster County Super Fair
Time is running out, please sign up by Friday, July 24th!
Come out to help us 'Let the Good Times Grow' at the 150th Lancaster County Super Fair!
This year’s fair will be a 4-H/FFA exhibitor only fair for equine/livestock only due to the health guidelines for COVID-19. Most of 4-H/FFA exhibits & contests will be online in a “virtual” fair format. See email and web updates from Lancaster County 4-H for more information on all the modifications to this year’s exhibitor fair.
To make this limited physical exhibitor fair possible, volunteers are more critical than ever without year-round events at the LEC fairgrounds to subsidize the fair.
Actually, there are new jobs to help implement the health guidelines to keep all our youth and their immediate families safe.
Volunteers must be adults (19+ years old). If each exhibitor’s family covers one shift per exhibitor in these jobs it will go a long way to making this year’s in-person fair possible:
- Door monitors
- Parking Attendants
See available time slots in tabs above.
If you need certification of your volunteer hours for school or other organization, we are happy to sign your form for you
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
Parking volunteers will be working outside while door monitor volunteers will be working a combination of indoors/outdoors.
You are encouraged to dress for the weather including:
- Pants or shorts are OK as long as in good condition and not too revealing
- Short-sleeved shirt appropriate for a youth event—4-H, FFA and fair shirts encouraged
- Comfortable, closed toe shoes are REQUIRED (tennis shoes, comfortable boots, hiking sandals that have covering over toes).
- Water bottle or other drink
- Snacks to make it through your shift in the case you aren’t able to take a break
- Door Monitors—you may bring a portable chair to be used when you’re not busy.
NOTE: Super Fair may need to assign you to a different job or location most in need upon your arrival.
Park in lot closest to your volunteer shift working location:
- Lincoln Room lot --MPA/Lincoln Room
- East of Pavilion 2 or Attraction Zone AZ Lot far north of P1—P1, P4, Business Center
- Exhibit Hall lot—Exhibit Hall or P3
HOW TO SIGN UP
Please click through the tabs above to view available roles and shifts. If you are signing up with friends or a club and want to ensure you can work together, it is suggested one of your group sign up to put the individual names in each spot at once.
Notes required after your name as you sign up please:
- Your name
- Name of youth exhibitor you are associated with (goal: each exhibitor’s family signs up for one shift)
- Name of club associated with (so we can recognize your club!)
- Age if less than 16 e.g. Jon Smith (14)
- IMPORTANT: only put one person per shift in each line
For general questions about volunteering contact
Sue Morrison, Operations Manager
Email: [email protected] or call: 402-441-1823
If you find you can’t work your shift at any point, please try to find a backup and email name to Sue M so we can make sure to get your shift covered.
If you have to cancel less than 24 hours in advance, please call /text Sue M. Be sure to keep Sue's contact info handy until after you work your shift, just in case.