2019 Bike MS: Phoenix - Festival Site
Subject: COVID-19 Update from the National MS Society
In compliance with decisions made by the National MS Society administration, we will be postponing Bike MS, and currently evaluating rescheduling in late May or early Fall. Please stay tuned. I will update you as I am informed of details. We appreciate you and look forward to working with you! Following is a message from our President:
Your health and well-being are top of mind as we closely monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our communities.
We are following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that organizations serving higher risk populations (such as people living with MS) cancel gatherings of 10 or more people. Thus, we are canceling or postponing all National MS Society in-person events, programs and State Action Days through April 12. We feel this is a necessary step to help protect all those involved in the MS movement and support our local communities in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We will monitor the situation and share updates by March 25 for events, programs and State Action Days scheduled after April 12.
I want to assure you that the work of the National MS Society will not stop. We are here for people with MS and their families — no matter what. Our MS Navigators will continue their work to support you with the information, resources and support needed to move your life forward. We will continue to advocate for people with MS using the digital tools available to us. While we may not be gathering at fundraising events over the coming weeks, we will continue working toward our fundraising goals and encourage everyone to take advantage of the digital tools and resources available.
Here's What You Can Do
· Visit our coronavirus resource page for the latest updates including: disease-modifying treatment guidelines and special considerations for people living with MS, what to do if you have symptoms and tips to protect yourself and those around you.
· Listen to Jon Strum’s Real Talk MS podcast to learn about coronavirus and MS and what people affected by MS should know.
· If you are living with MS and need assistance, please contact an MS Navigator.
· Use our Doctors and Resources Tool to connect to healthcare providers and resources in your area.
· Stay tuned for more information about your local event and how to participate virtually, collect incentives and awards, and discover ways to engage in the future. Have additional questions about fundraising events? Visit our FAQ page or contact Fundraising Support.
Thank you for your understanding and all the ways you change the world for people affected by MS. We know the uncertainty surrounding this situation can be unsettling, but no one has to face MS alone. We’re in this together. We truly are stronger together.
President and CEO, National MS Society
Volunteers make Bike MS possible!
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the Bike MS volunteer team. From planning event details and calling past participants to providing safety and support for riders at the event, volunteers make Bike MS happen, and are the foundation of why Bike MS is the largest cycling fundraising event in the country. Your participation in helping make our events successful will drive MS research forward faster and deliver services to those who face the challenges of living with MS daily.
Join us for 2020 BIKE MS: Phoenix "Endeavor in the Desert" on March 28-29 at McDowell Mountain Regional Park.
Riders can choose from a variety of route options from 15-150 miles, including a one-of-a-kind Trail Ride, introduced exclusively in the Phoenix Market last year!
Volunteer opportunities range from set-up, hosting rest stops, cheering participants, providing lite medical assistance, photography, route drivers, tear-down and many more.
Volunteers receive an MS Volunteer T-shirt and are welcomed to join us at the Festival Site to enjoy refreshments, entertainment and chat with participants!
Community and Corporate Groups, High School, College and Church Groups as well as individuals are encouraged and welcomed to sign-up.
- Please choose your preferred volunteer shift(s)/activities from the list below.
- Final Confirmations, with full details, will be sent to you 1-2 weeks prior to the event.