WH GSC FAll 2018-19 General Volunteers
Fundraising is an important aspect of all non-profit organizations. If we break our annual tuition down to an hourly rate, our students pay about $12 per hour of quality instruction; a rate unmatched by any comparable institution. Additional enrollees within the same family pay even less. This rate is sustainable only because of generous voluntary contributions, all the work that is done by volunteers, and fundraising.
At the beginning of each school year, the WH GSC Administration Team determines fundraising priorities and goals, solicits volunteers to run the fundraisers, and monitors efforts. Through our local fundraising efforts, West Hartford GSC, is able to afford items that are not supplied by tuition or corporate fundraising. Our current goals include improving the WiFi at FBC and purchasing the equipment to facilitate AATG testing in January and April.
- Weihnachtsfeier Gift Basket Raffle - our most popular fundraiser
- Weihnachtsfeier Silent Auction - our most important local effort and the only fundraiser where we solicit donations from local and regional businesses
- German Logo T-Shirt Sale - a student conceived and executed idea
- Box Tops for Education
- Stop and Shop A+ School Rewards Program
- Pause Refreshments - mostly a break-even effort with any excess funds covering children's snacks at special events
Possible future fundraising ideas:
- German School Photo Calendar
- Candy Sale
- Tote Bag Sale
- Cake Walk during celebrations
- Online Auction
- Any ideas?
If you have any questions, a fundraising idea, or would like to contribute time, talent, or treasure, toward GSC’s fundraising goals, please see Gail McCloud or Gail Zimmermann.
Every year, an important major corporate fundraising campaign, the Annual Fund, is conducted by the German School of CT, Inc. This effort supplements many of the corporate functions necessary for both Stamford and West Hartford schools, including teachers’ salaries, insurance, communications, advertising, and rent. To be able to maintain and develop academic performance, we also have to fund expenses like teacher education, learning materials, operational equipment, and general supplies. Amazon Affiliates program is also a corporate effort which benefits both schools.
|| Zeynep Serdar