Food Bank Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Mobile Pantry Delivery Driver!
Starting location is at our Food Pantry in Pepperwood Plaza: 1045 HWY 6 E, Iowa City.
The role of this volunteer is to deliver food boxes to clients living in Iowa City and Hills, IA. Each day a new delivery route is created by staff and given to volunteers. Those who sign up to volunteer will drive alone. While the amount of deliveries can vary from day to day, volunteers are welcome to finish out their shift at Pepperwood Plaza if they finish deliveries early. A reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
Review the following information before arriving at your shift:
- Only volunteers age 18+ may sign up for delivery shifts
- Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs
- Shift ranges from 1-4pm but if delivery numbers are low you may finish out your shift at Pepperwood
If you are volunteering with CommUnity Food Bank for the first time, please arrive to your shift 15 minutes early to review procedures and answer COVID-19 screening questions.
Safety, well-being, and access to service are our top priorities. In accordance with local and national COVID-19 precautions, CommUnity has implemented the following safety procedures:
- Staff and volunteers will have their temperature taken upon arrival
- Volunteers will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and may be asked to leave if they are exhibiting any symptoms
- Mask are required for all volunteers
- Face shields and masks are available for volunteers
- Gloves are available for volunteers
- DO NOT enter any client's homes when dropping off deliveries
Please DO NOT sign up for a shift if any of the following statements are true for you:
- I have a fever of 100.4 or higher
- I have a runny nose, cough, or sore throat
- I have traveled outside of Iowa in the past two weeks
- I have been in personal contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
CommUnity Food Pantry at Pepperwood Plaza:
1045 HWY 6 E, Iowa City, IA 52240
Please for questions please contact Liz at (319) 519-6165
1045 HWY 6 E, Iowa City.
|| Food Bank Department Manager