The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
In partnership with the UT Student Health Center and the Knox County Health Department, Tennessee Athletics is offering doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on campus Saturday. The vaccine will be administered by trained medical professionals during a free vaccination clinic event at Vol Village in Humanities Plaza from 9-11 a.m. ET.
You must not have had an allergic reaction to a prior COVID-19 vaccine or any of their components.
If you have experienced an anaphylactic or severe allergic reaction to a vaccine or medication injection, it is recommended that you receive this vaccine in a physician's office or similar environment and not at this venue.
- Only register yourself for an appointment.
- Walk-in appointments will also be accepted based on availability.
If you need to cancel your appointment:
- Create an account in SignUpGenius.
- Log in.
- Click the X icon next to your appointment.
- Click the box to send notification to event organizer.
- Click the "yes delete" button.
This clinic will take place on Saturday, September 11, from 9 am to 11 am before the Pitt game.
- You may sign up to receive your second dose at this clinic if you received your first dose of Pfizer on or before August 21, 2021.
- If you receive your first dose at this clinic, you will need to receive your second dose on or after October 2, 2021. You will be provided with local resources for scheduling your second appointment.
Humanities and Social Sciences Building, Room 51
Knoxville, TN 37996 map
What to bring
All registrants must bring the following to their appointments:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, if you have already received one;
- Proof of Age (for example, a driver's license or passport);
- Completed consent form. A fillable PDF will be emailed to you prior to your appointment.
- Insurance card, if applicable. If you are a Medicare participant, please bring your red, white, and blue card. Insurance is not required to attend.
Blank consent forms will be available on-site for those who cannot complete them prior to arriving for their scheduled appointment.
Call 865-974-1000 for assistance with existing appointment or details about the vaccination location for which you have an appointment. The operators CANNOT assist with new appointments or provide information about future clinics.
Individuals who need assistance with accessibility can contact [email protected]
Football gameday procedures may present challenges for vaccine clinic attendees who do not have a gameday parking permit. Those individuals are encouraged to use public transportation or a rideshare service to access campus.
CDC frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
- Face masks are required inside clinic.
- Please wear loose clothing that allows your sleeve to be rolled up.
- Please drink plenty of fluids before receiving the vaccine.
- To reduce pain and discomfort after vaccination, use or exercise your arm.
Click below to sign up for a time slot for September 11.
9:00am - 11:00am EDT
Vol Village, Humanities and Social Sciences Building
Room 205A 1115 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37996
|| University of Tennessee Knoxville