Northeast Texas Public Health District
NET Health thanks you for volunteering to help end COVID in East Texas.
If you seek to volunteer within an available "Immunization" position and assist the actual administration of COVID vaccines (#ShotsInArms), you will need to scan and email your active licensure documentation; send it/them to this email address - "[email protected]".
For students from schools of nursing/pharmacy/other health professions, if you are receiving clinical credit, contact your clinical faculty for everything that you need for clincial hours credit.
If you are a physician seeking to volunteer within our "Medical Coverage" position and observe clients while they are in our post-vaccination location, please make direct contact with Dr. Alexander Anders by sending him a direct email after you click here.
For medical residents, contact your clinical faculty for everything that you need for clincial hour credit.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to get settled into your volunteer shift.
We ask that you are able to stand and/or walk for the entirety of your shift.
The "Non-Clinical Volunteer" stations will include, but may not be limted to, the following tasks:
(1) sanitizer assistants to help wipe and disinfect chairs within our waiting areas (when we are indoors)
(2) registration clerks to ensure each vaccine recipient has completed their paperwork correctly and to guide them to our vaccination stations
(3) greeting entrants and checking in clients into our walk-in and drive-thru vaccination process
(4) capturing photos of health insurance cards within our pre-vaccination area
(5) rovers to assist moving signs and providing general assistance to NET Health staff who are operating the COVID vaccine clinics
Below are additional reminders, regardless of your desired volunteer position:
** The actual duties depend on whether the vaccine clinics are held as a drive-thru outside event or a weather-contingent inside event, and this will be determined by the weather forecasts.
** Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to get settled into your volunteer shift.
** When you arrive, enter the Harvey Convention Center and ask to speak with our designated Volunteer Coordinator for your selected shift(s).
** Vaccine clinic days will vary each week and this webpage will list the scheduled clinics each week.
** There is no guarantee that volunteers will receive a COVID vaccine on the day of serving as a volunteer. If there are remaining doses after all appointments have arrived, then we offer each interested volunteer the opportunity to receive a COVID vaccine.
We provide vaccines at the Harvey Convention Center.
Street address is 2000 West Front Street in Tyler.
|| Northeast Texas Public Health District