For high-risk individuals
Additional appointments will appear when we receive more vaccine. Please monitor this link, uthealtheasttexas.com and/or your local media outlets for announcements.
This vaccine signup is for ages 16+ who need to schedule a FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccine only. We have a limited number of doses and it is first come, first served by appointment only. You MUST have an appointment, no walk-ins will be accepted.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved emergency use authorization (EUA) that allows the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to be distributed in the U.S. The vaccine is a series of two injections, to be given 17-21 days apart.
There are a few instances in which we currently do not recommend receiving the vaccine:
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction, i.e.: anaphylaxis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should first consult with your physician.
- If you are immunocompromised, you should first consult with your physician.
- If you recently had an exposure to COVID-19, you should wait until the quarantine period ends.
- If currently positive for COVID-19, you should defer vaccine until recovered.
What to expect at your appointment:
Due to the delicacy of the vaccine and need for extremely cold storage, the vaccine will be given at UT Health North Campus Tyler. Your appointment should take approximately 30 minutes. Here’s what to expect during your appointment. You MUST have an appointment, no walk-ins will be accepted.
- Arrive at UT Health North Campus (11937 US-271, Tyler, TX 75708)
- Use main entrance, then take elevators to 3rd floor.
- From the elevators, follow signs to vaccine registration.
- Once registered, you will be vaccinated.
- After vaccination, you will be monitored for 15 minutes.
- During monitoring you will sign up for your second vaccination.
- After 15 minutes you will be released and provided information in case of a reaction.
For up-to-date FAQs please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html or https://uthealtheasttexas.com/coronavirus. Send your questions at [email protected].
Reminder: Anyone who receives a vaccine still must practice COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing a mask, social distancing, washing your hands frequently and avoiding large gatherings. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security because you received a vaccine. It takes time for the body to build immunity, and it will take even longer for the global population to achieve herd immunity. Until such time, everyone — including those who were vaccinated and those who have recovered from COVID — must continue practicing safety protocols.
Second dose: Do not sign up here for a second dose. You should arrive for your second dose appointment that is listed on the vaccine card you received. You must present your card at the appointment. If you have questions please contact [email protected]