Take part in Hands On Thomas County 2021 to make someone's day in the form of a hand-painted rock. This is a community-building activity meant to inspire creativity in all ages and abilities, and energize people to explore the beautiful area we live in. You can also use this activity to support local causes.
This is a Do-It-Yourself project where you have the supplies needed and will complete the project at a location of your choice.
As a volunteer, you will receive a free HOTC t-shirt and lunch. Please check your email for confirmation, project instructions, and more information.
****IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ****
1. Always be mindful of the environment and respectful of the community guidelines that already exist.
2. Do not add/attach anything to the rocks, as there is no guarantee that it will stay on and not become litter or swallowing hazards for children or wildlife.
3. Make sure your messages are positive and appropriate!
4. This is a gifting project. This is about giving and not always expecting to find a rock or get recognition when yours is found.
5. Do not hide rocks in national parks or state parks, on private property, or inside businesses. When you take a rock to hide, it does not have to be your rock…these are community rocks!
6. Pay it forward. If you find a rock. Share it on Facebook, then re-hide it. Or keep it, and make a new one to spread the fun!
PLEASE NOTE: When signing up, UNDER QUANTITY, please select the number of people who will be participating in this project with you.
Questions? Contact HOTC.
Thank you for volunteering!