Lancaster County Super Fair
Sign ups encouraged by July 1st to ensure getting the volunteer shifts that fit you (and/or your group) best and to be included in fair training to be held in early July. However; we will accept any volunteers up to the day of the events.
Come out to help us 'Let the Good Times Grow at the 150th Lancaster County Super Fair!
Volunteers must be 14+ years old, note 14 & 15 year olds must be accompanied by a 19+ adult volunteer. If each exhibitor’s family covers one shift per exhibitor in these jobs it will go a long way to making this year’s in-person fair possible:
- Admission Gate Ticket Takers
- Parking Attendants
- Golf Cart Drivers
- LEC Cafes
- Animal Pavilion Setup
See available time slots in tabs above.
VOLUNTEER Benefits (with minimum 6 volunteer hours)
- Super Fair T-shirt (while supplies last)
- One (1) meal from any Lancaster Event Center café on the same day with each 6-hour shift
- Breaks/shade for your outdoor work location when possible
- Free fountain beverages including iced tea/lemonade, water & snacks
- Orientation & training before event (for groups or if working many shifts) and/or on first shift
- Certification of volunteer hours if desired
- Each volunteer receives 4 gate tickets and 1 parking pass to bring a group out to the fair working 6 hrs. minimum
- Volunteers must be 14+ years old – see each job for age required
- Good comfortable walking shoes advised
- All volunteers should be prepared to be outside
Are you organizing a group of volunteers?
Your non-profit group can earn $1000 + $5 per volunteer hour worked in free space rental and facility services including food & beverage to use at the LEC Fairgrounds the rest of the year to do a group event (with minimum of 20 shifts filled). Could be a fundraiser, a meeting, a banquet, a training for your group—you name it!
(Be sure to include group name behind each volunteer’s name as sign up for shifts.)
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
Parking volunteers will be working outside while door monitor volunteers will be working a combination of indoors/outdoors.
You are encouraged to dress for the weather including:
- Pants or shorts are OK as long as in good condition and not too revealing
- Short-sleeved shirt appropriate for a youth event—4-H, FFA and fair shirts encouraged
- Comfortable, closed toe shoes are REQUIRED (tennis shoes, comfortable boots, hiking sandals that have covering over toes).
- Water bottle or other drink
- Snacks to make it through your shift in the case you aren’t able to take a break
NOTE: Super Fair may need to assign you to a different job or location most in need upon your arrival.
Park in lot closest to your volunteer shift working location:
- Lincoln Room lot --MPA/Lincoln Room
- East of Pavilion 2 or Attraction Zone AZ Lot far north of P1—P1, P4, Business Center
- Exhibit Hall lot—Exhibit Hall or P3
HOW TO SIGN UP
Please click through the tabs above to view available roles and shifts. If you are signing up with friends or a club and want to ensure you can work together, it is suggested one of your group sign up to put the individual names in each spot at once.
For general questions about volunteering contact
Ashley Oltman, Volunteer Coordinator
Email: [email protected] or call: 402-441-1812
If you find you can’t work your shift at any point, please try to find a backup and email name to Ashley Oltman so we can make sure to get your shift covered.
If you have to cancel less than 24 hours in advance, please call /text Ashley Oltman. Be sure to keep Ashley's contact info handy until after you work your shift, just in case.
|| Ashley Oltman