Lancaster County Super Fair
Sign ups encouraged by June 1st. Be sure to invite your friends and family to volunteer with you—4-H/FFA membership not required.
Back again this year, just for our 4-H and FFA exhibitors and families!!
Jobs are available for all ages, physical abilities and experiences– cleaning, painting, putting up signs, zip-tying stalls, setting up panels &mdash- many hands will make light work, and we know new friends will be made, as well! All participants will recieve a meal/snacks and beverages with a minimum four-hour shift.
Please note the age of the participant if 18 or less after each name as signup, otherwise note (Adult) if 19+ so we can be ready with age-appropriate jobs.
WHAT TO BRING:
- jeans and work shirt with sleeves recommended
- Volunteers MUST wear closed toed shoes
- Bring sturdy work gloves if have them
- Bring a water bottle if have one
- Dress appropriately for weather to work outside or in un-airconditioned barns (example- hat, sunscreen, bug spray, jacket depending on forecast, etc)
Jobs for All Ages
- Zip Tying and Nixall Stalls
- Wiping down bleachers
- Rake out chips
- Watering down chips in show arenas
- Setting tables and chairs for all show areas and exhibit halls per setup map
- Picking up trash
- Wiping down trashcans
- Weed pulling
- Cleaning weeds and trash off chain link fencing
Jobs for Ages 10+
- Setting sheep pens per setup map*
- Putting large rubber mats down in cattle wash racks*
- Set chicken cages
- Putting round tables in stalls per set up map*
- Set wire for name cards in livestock barn
- Set rubber mats in Exhibit Hall
* Must be able to repeatedly lift 25 lbs during a 4 hour shift
Feel free to contact Sue Morrison at 402-441-1823 or by e-mail at [email protected] if you have any questions or if you need additional information.
All volunteers will meet at the Lancaster Event Center Office (4100 N 84th St, Lincoln, NE 68507) (front of Lincoln Room on west side of grounds near 84th Street). Parking available in gravel Lot K, gravel lot to right as enter Gate 1 off 84th Street.
Lancaster Event Center Office (4100 N 84th St, Lincoln, NE 68507)