Sort it Out! (Ages 11+)
Join Sunshine Division in their mission to eliminate barriers to service and providing food and clothing for families or individuals in need. Volunteers will be building emergency food boxes or sorting/stocking food or stocking/sorting clothing.
Date: 7/31/2019 (Wed.)
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Minimum volunteer age with parent/chaperone: 11
- Volunteers without a parent/chaperone must be at least 17
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Stand Together Waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian
- All participants will be asked to sign liability and media wavers upon check-in
**All required documents are attached below.
About Sunshine Division and Stand Together Week:
The Sunshine Division values and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion as fundamental to our mission to provide food and clothing to those in immediate need.
We Believe In:
- Fostering a culture of equity and inclusion in our workplace and in all of the programs and services that we provide
- Eliminating any barriers to service and providing food and clothing for families or individuals in need
- Serving and meeting the needs of the entire greater Portland community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds and life experiences
We Are Committed To:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect at all times
- Delivering our services in a culturally sensitive manner and providing foods that are culturally appropriate
- Reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve in our staff and Board of Directors
- Embracing and valuing workforce diversity in all forms, and providing each employee the opportunity to contribute their skills, experience and perspectives
- Enhancing the organizational culture of equity and inclusion by incorporating equity related topics in board and staff trainings, meetings, and activities
Stand Together Week is the Portland Timbers, Thorns FC, and T2 citywide volunteer initiative that brings the community together to support local nonprofit organizations. The week engages hundreds of supporters, including players, coaches, ambassadors and front office staff who work with various non-profits in the community. Since 2012, Stand Together Week has mobilized 5,395 volunteers to provide the Portland metro area with 18,290 hours of service at more than 226 events benefitting youth and the environment.
If you have any questions regarding this event or Stand Together Week, please send all inquiries to [email protected].
Group Sign Ups: This sign up limits 1 reservation per email, if you would like to sign up a group, please send an email with the project title as the subject line, number of people, and names of every volunteer to the admin: [email protected].
*Please note the volunteer age requirement and notify admin if any volunteers are minors.
By signing up, you are authorizing Stand Together to contact you. You can opt out of email communications.