IRS and State of Wisconsin have extended their tax filing deadlines to May 17th.
Richard Dilley Tax Center's last day of operation remains at April 14th.
NOTE! Update Regarding The Recently Passed American Rescue Plan Act of 2021:
Recent legislation regarding unemployment compensation for 2020, the stimulus payments and advanced child tax credits has caused questions involving the 2020 tax returns previously filed. As of this date and time, we are waiting on guidance from the IRS about how they will be handling this new law.
DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO AMEND YOUR RETURN AT THIS TIME.
Due to COVID 19, our procedures have changed. We are operating on a drop-off format where you will meet with an intake interviewer who will check your identification, make copies of your social security cards, ask a few screening questions regarding your return and take your tax documents. You will then leave the building while your return is completed by a certified volunteer tax preparer. You are expected to return 90 minutes later for a review of your return and to pick up your documents. Please keep this in mind when you are making your appointment to allow time to complete the entire process.
We will only be doing tax returns for 2019 and 2020...no prior years (2018 and earlier). We will also not be doing any amended returns.
Important! In an effort to provide a safe, secure environment, ONLY ONE PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING PER APPOINTMENT...ONLY ONE ADULT, EVEN IF YOU ARE MARRIED FILING JOINTLY...NO CHILDREN! Thank you in advance for cooperating.
Note! you must bring paper copies of all tax documents. We are not able to take information from cell phones / electronic devices and are not able to print anything for you on site.
Please choose an available slot below and click on the button to sign up. Choose only ONE appointment, even if you need to do both 2019 and 2020 returns. We are currently scheduling appointments through mid-February. If all slots are full, please check back, as we will be adding more dates after February 13th.
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
1. The Intake Form, printed and filled out to the best of your ability (see link below)
2. A picture ID
3. Physical copies of your social security cards for you, all dependents, and spouse if filing jointly, or ITINs. We WILL NOT accept pictures of social security cards on cellphones. No exceptions.
4. Wage statements—Form(s) W-2
5. Pension and Social Security Statements- Form(s) 1099R and SSA-1099
6. All 2020 Financial Statements, like:
- 1099G: Certain Government Payments (Unemployment)
- Interest and dividends statements—Form(s) 1099INT and 1099DIV
- Mortgage interest statements—Form(s) 1098
- Tuition payments statements—Form(s) 1098T
- ACA Marketplace statement—Form(s) 1095A
- Info on all other deductions/credits (include charitable contributions or employee business expenses)
- A record of any estimated tax payments made for the 2020 tax year
- Copy of last year’s tax return, if available
- A voided check for a Checking account or deposit slip for a savings account for direct deposits
7. Completed Rent Certificate, signed by the Landlord/Management Company for the Homestead Credit
|| The Financial Education Center