Volunteers are key to the success of the NHSFR Lincoln!
This event will bring huge economic impact to our county and the State of Nebraska while supporting this national youth organization, which gives $2 million in scholarships annually.
The event will occur on the Lancaster county's fairgrounds - the non-profit Lancaster Event Center at 4100 N 84th St - on the eastern edge of Lincoln not far from the Waverly exit of I-80. Come join our fun team where you'll be part of the "family" as we make the NSHFR feel welcome their first year back in Nebraska in several decades.
If you or your group are interested in volunteering, review the information below and in each tab above to choose the volunteer roles of interest.
For more general info on the rodeo please visit NHSFRLincoln.org
- Volunteers are generally age 16 or older (see each tab for age requirements)
- Volunteers ages 14-15 can work in pairs with an accompanying adult age 19+
- Most volunteer jobs require working outside or in non-air-conditioned spaces
- Please note, we will do our best to work around any physical limitations (write us a note in the comments please)
- Flexibility & "Nebraska Nice" attitude at all times - note that we may need to move volunteers to other roles as needed before or during their shift
- Volunteer t-shirt (with minimum 6 volunteer hours)
- Meals (each shift of 6 hours or more)
- Snacks & water, plus shade for your outdoor work location where possible
- Free fountain beverages including iced tea/lemonade, water & snacks
- Orientation & training before event (for groups or if working many shifts) and/or on first shift
- Certification of volunteer hours if desired
- Preferred hiring for year-round LEC positions upon good performance
- When . you work 12 hours or more, you'll earn a pair of tickets for 9am morning rodeo performances Monday-Friday (July 19-23) or 7pm evening performances Monday-Thursday (July 19-22)
Are you organizing a group of volunteers?
Your non-profit group can earn $1000 + $5 per volunteer hour worked in free space rental and facility services including food & beverage to use at the LEC Fairgrounds the rest of the year to do a group event (with minimum of 20 shifts filled). Could be a fundraiser, a meeting, a banquet, a training for your group—you name it!
(Be sure to include group name behind each volunteer’s name as sign up for shifts.)
Volunteer Job Opportunities:
- Contestant Check-In
- Horse Check-In
- RV Camper Check-In
- Parking Lot Attendants
- Rodeo Performances Gate Security
- Ticket Sales
- Indoor LEC Cafes
- Office/Info Booth Assistance
- Indoor & Outdoor Cleaning
- Volunteer Supervisors & Support
- Queen Contest
GROUP LEADERS: Include your group's lead person contact info and whatever else is pertinent.
SPECIAL NOTE for 14-17 year old volunteers:
- Please note your age in the comments so we can make sure we have you in an appropriate role
- Only sign up for volunteer shifts consistent with NE State law:
Minors aged 14 to 17 may work no more than eight hours a day nor more than 48 hours in a given week. Fourteen and fifteen year olds may not engage in labor between the hours of 8:00pm and 6:00am. 16 and 17 year olds may work as late as 10:00pm but still may not labor before 6:00am.
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Ashley Oltman at [email protected] or Ann Bruntz at [email protected]
Ignore this slot below and click on the tabs above to see open slots for each type of volunteer role.
1:00pm - 9:00pm CDT