***FOR AVAILABLE SIGN-UP SLOTS BY TEACHER, PLEASE CLICK ON THE INDIVIDUAL TABS ABOVE***
Dear Viking Community:
As we move into our second month of the school year, Lockerby Composite School would like to take the time to provide you with information regarding the distribution of subject Progress Reports and Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews.
Please be advised that Progress Reports for all Week 1 classes will be distributed between October 7th - 8th, 2021and Progress Reports for all Week 2 classes will be distributed to students between October 14th - 15th, 2021.
Subsequently, all Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews will be occurring virtually on Thursday, Ocotber 21st, 2021 from 3:00pm - 6:00pm (through either Google Meets or telephone calls). In order to sign-up for an interview, parents/guardians will be required to visit our school website (lockerby.rainbowschools.ca) and click on sign-up link in our banner as well as in our Frequent Links section. The sign-up link will be available from October 14th – 18th, 2021. When visiting our website to sign-up for an interview, parents/guardians will be asked to follow these steps:
- Have the names of your student’s teachers ready.
- Use the tabs at the top of the page to locate each teacher that you wish to meet and click on the appropriate teacher tab.
- Within each teacher tab, please select an available time (if there aren’t any times that work for you, or if you require a lengthier discussion, parents/guardians are asked to please contact their student's teacher to setup an alternate meeting). Having said that, please note that interviews will not be 10 minutes in length (as indicated in each tab), as teachers will need a few minutes to prepare/contact their next appointment.
- Parents/guardians will be asked to supply both an email adress and a telephone number, as the interviews themselves will be conducted either by (1) a Google Meet (a follow-up email will be sent with the Google Meet code); (2) a telephone call (a follow-up email may or may not be sent); or (3) an email exchange.
- Ultimately, the information that parents/guardians provide during this sign-up will be used by the teacher to connect with parents/guardians during the assigned time (emails for Google Meets and email exchanges; phone numbers for calls).
- A reminder to parents/guardians that the Progress Report is an early estimation of progress, and this initial meeting facilitates further parent/teacher communication throughout the semester. To accommodate as many parents as possible, we have created 10 minute time slots and we are asking that both parties stick to the times allotted as much as possible. Again, please note that interviews will not be 10 minutes in length (as indicated in each tab), as teachers will need a few minutes to prepare/contact their next appointment.
This information will also be available on our school website. As always, thank you for your ongoing support, and we look forward to connecting with you.
Lockerby Composite School
|| R. Lafraniere