2020 Bike MS: Great Maine Getaway
Route Support Team
-Support and Gear Drivers, and Motocrew, Bike Marshals and HAM Radio Operators-
Saturday, August 1 - Sunday, August 2, 2020
Route Support Consists of:
- Support and Gear ('SAG') drivers - Car or Truck
- 'Motocrew'- Motorcycle drivers
- Bike Marshals- Bicycle safety
- HAM Radio Operators - (Mobile and stationary)
The route support team oversees the safety of the ride, provides communications with staff and among their team, and assist riders in need of transportation to rest stops or the finish area.
Rout Support volunteers are our eyes and ears on the route and key to the safety of our hundreds of cyclists riding to end MS!
HAM Radio operators are stationed at each rest stop, and the start and finish. HAM Radio operators are also needed to patrol the route as SAG and Motocrew. If you are driving SAG or Motocrew and are a HAM radio operator, please select that option.
Please sign-up, below.
- Final confirmations with full details will be sent to you 1-2 weeks prior to the event
- Volunteers working both Saturday and Sunday are eligible for housing at UNE.
- All volunteers receive meals corresponding with their shift times, and a t-shirt.
- Please contact Matoaka Kipp with questions- [email protected], 781-693-5105.
Together, we become a powerful force.
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the Bike MS volunteer team.
Volunteers make Bike MS possible!
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering to help end MS forever.
Please read the Volunteer Consent Form prior to signing-up. You must be 21+ to fill this role.