You must register for a slot to drop off or pick up pottery. Slots are available 14 days in advance and close 1 day prior. YOU MUST REGISTER IN TIME OR WAIT FOR THE NEXT DATE OPTION. No exceptions. Foothills Clay Arts Studio Firing Services are designed for potters who have taken a Foothills Pottery class or equivalent. Services are first come first served and available for sign up 14 days in advance.
Firing Service Information:
- Pricing is per piece and based on the size of the piece
- There is a minimum of $5.00 per customer per transaction that must be at the time of drop off at the front desk.
- Fees are for all firings (bisque, glaze, decal firings, refires, etc)
- All services are in the Clay Studio at the Ridge Recreation Center
- All clay and glazes must be Cone 5-6. Proof of clay and glaze type is required (if not purchased through Foothills). This can be a container, label, picture, or receipt
- A week turnaround time is our goal for each firing, but firings may take longer
- Pick up and drop off times must be scheduled in advance
- Firing services are first come, first fired with the exception of unusually large and/or thick items which take longer to fire. You will be notified at drop off if your items fall into this category
- We do not accept low fire clay or glaze
- Foothills Clay Arts Studio is a health conscious studio; we do not fire items that are glazed with products containing lead, barium, or non-encapsulated cadmium
Firing Service, Bisque & Glaze Drop Off:
- The fees below are for each firing (bisque, glaze, and other)
- Payment is due at the time of drop off at the Ridge Front Desk
- You must sign up below for a time to drop off your items
- At the time of drop off, staff with measure pieces based on the widest and tallest part of the piece and record the total amount due.
- Price/Size Categories. Prices are listed per piece:
- Smallest: 0-3 inch ($1.25)
- Med: 3.1-6 inches ($2.00)
- Large: 6.1-9 inches ($2.75)
- XL: 9.1-11.5 inches ($3.50)
- MAX SIZE: 18in wide X 11.5in Tall ($5.50)
- At drop off, you will fill out and sign a firing form that includes:
- Your Name, initials on the pieces, contact information, and clay and glaze description
- Staff will verify size and quantity of pieces and record your total amount due
- Liability Waiver
- We will not store your packing materials; take them home with you when you after drop off
- The Clay Studio can be access from the Clay Patio or the Ridge Recreation Center Upstairs entrance
- Masks are required for entrance into the clay studio
- All firing services are non-refundable
For Greenware Drop Off for Bisque Firing:
- Work must be at the leather hard stage for drop off. Bone dry work is very brittle and may crack in transport and if work is too wet, there will be a delay in firing.
- We do not accept low fire clay or glaze.
Glaze Work Drop Off:
- Work must be glazed and the bottoms completely cleaned and ready to go at drop off.
- A ¼ inch margin at the bottom of your pot is recommended to prevent glazing problems. i.e. your glaze melting all over the kiln and kiln furniture.
- Work will not be accepted at drop off if it does not meet these guidelines. Pieces will not be able to be cleaned at drop off, you will need to take them home.
- Please do not over glaze your piece! Over glazing leads to ruined kiln shelves, posts, wasters, your own work and possibly the work of your neighbors.
- In the event your items are so over glazed that they ruin any kiln furniture or wasters, you will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
- Foothills Clay Arts Studio is a health conscious studio; we do not fire items that are glazed with products containing lead, barium, or non-encapsulated cadmium.
- Sign up is by appointment only. Sign up here for a slot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/foothillspottery
- If you are dropping off and picking up, you must sign up for two slots. We must limit the number of people in the studio and on the patio at all times.
- All pick up is contactless. You do not need to check in with staff. Just grab and go
- All pick up is on the clay patio on the carts to the right of the gate. Please only touch the work labeled for you
- Average turnaround time is 1 week from drop off. If your pieces are wet, heavy or an odd size, it will take longer to fire and turnaround time will be increased.
- Foothills staff takes pride in our quality firings and gives great care to the work in our possession. Foothills Park & Recreation District is not responsible for breakage or lost work. No refunds will be given for firings.
- Policies and procedures are subject to change
||Foothills Park & Recreation District