Foothills Clay Arts Studio is now offering Firing Services!
- Pricing is per piece and based on the size of the piece
- There is a minimum of $5.00 per customer per transaction that must be paid online
- Fees are for each firing (bisque and glaze)
- All services are curbside
- All clay and glazes must be Cone 5-6. Proof of clay and glaze type is required (if not purchased through Foothills). This can be a container, label, picture, or receipt
- A week turnaround time is our goal for each firing. Pick up and drop off times are scheduled in advance
- Firing services are first come, first fired with the exception of unusually large and/or thick items which take longer. You will be notified at drop off if your items fall into this category
- We do not accept low fire clay or glaze
- Foothills Clay Arts Studio is a health conscious studio; we do not fire items that are glazed with products containing lead, barium, or non-encapsulated cadmium
Firing Service, Bisque & Glaze Drop Off:
- The fees below are for each firing (bisque and glaze)
- Payment is due at the time of drop off. Please be prepared to pay by credit card
- You must sign up below for a time to drop off your items. All pick up and drop off takes place on Friday
- At the time of drop off, staff with measure pieces based on the widest and tallest part of the piece and record the total amount due.
- Price/Size Categories. Prices are listed per piece:
- Smallest: 0-3 inch ($1.25)
- Med: 3.1-6 inches ($2.00)
- Large: 6.1-9 inches ($2.75)
- XL: 9.1-11.5 inches ($3.50)
- MAX SIZE: 18in wide X 11.5in Tall ($5.50)
- At drop off, you will fill out and sign a firing form that includes:
- Your Name, initials on the pieces, contact information, and clay and glaze description
- Staff will verify size and quantity of pieces and record your total amount due
- Liability Waiver
- We will not store your packing materials; take them home with you when you after drop off
- At this time all services are curbside. Staff will meet you outside of the Clay Patio
- All firing services are non-refundable
For Greenware Drop Off for Bisque Firing:
- Work must be at the leather hard stage for drop off. Bone dry work is very brittle and may crack in transport and if work is too wet, there will be a delay in firing.
- We do not accept low fire clay or glaze.
Glaze Work Drop Off:
- Work must be glazed and the bottoms completely cleaned and ready to go at drop off.
- A ¼ inch margin at the bottom of your pot is recommended to prevent glazing problems. i.e. your glaze melting all over the kiln and kiln furniture.
- Work will not be accepted at drop off if it does not meet these guidelines. Pieces will not be able to be cleaned at drop off, you will need to take them home.
- Please do not over glaze your piece! Over glazing leads to ruined kiln shelves, posts, wasters, your own work and possibly the work of your neighbors.
- In the event your items are so over glazed that they ruin any kiln furniture or wasters, you will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
- Foothills Clay Arts Studio is a health conscious studio; we do not fire items that are glazed with products containing lead, barium, or non-encapsulated cadmium.
||Foothills Park & Recreation District