University of Colorado Boulder Fall Welcome
Move-In and Fall Welcome is back in near full swing and we need your help again!
Fall Welcome is the official welcome to campus for new students as well as a welcome back to campus for all of our continuing students. We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to make this a smooth and exciting experience for our campus. Fall Welcome will take place from August 15th through the 29th, with some opportunities extending into September.
Please sign up below by selecting one or more time slots, most volunteers select 2-3 opportunities to help out. Assist us by spreading the word and encourage your fellow Buffs to volunteer with you.
Move-In Volunteer Roles:
Greeter - Greeters will serve as the 'first friendly face' that students and families will see upon arriving at their residence hall. They will answer questions, direct people on where to go, and will help to distribute snacks and water.
Luggage Cart Support Volunteer -Luggage Cart management volunteers will support the hall staff in checking out luggage carts to students and families, and will also roam the building recollecting abandoned carts and returning them to the lobbies for the next guest.
Elevator Operator Volunteer - Elevator control volunteers will support operations by staffing the elevator while it is on manual control. This volunteer will ensure the efficient loading of the elevator and will take the student to the correct floor.
Golf Cart Shuttle Volunteer - (open to CU Staff and Faculty only) must have a valid driver's license and take the online Defensive Driving Training- shuttle visitors with mobility assistance from parking structures to Residence Halls and answer questions while providing a welcoming environment.
Sustainability Support Volunteer - Sustainability support volunteers will roam their assigned neighborhood collecting any abandoned trash and cardboard, will move it to the dumpsters, and will help to break down any boxes.
Parking Lot Support Volunteer - will assist directing traffic and helping new students, their families, and guests find their appropriate parking lot.
Signature Event Volunteer
- Be Involved Fair Volunteer - will assist Be Involved Fair in Norlin Quad team with various support roles such as chalking and sign placement, supporting check-in, directional support, surveying attendees, and clean up. Volunteers will meet at the main tent.
- Buff Family Welcome Tent Volunteer - Volunteers will assist with handing out information, answering questions, handing out swag, and welcoming new Buff families to campus! Volunteers will meet at the UMC South Terrace tent.
- Buff Stops Volunteer - Assist students with wayfinding and answering questions during the first days of class. Volunteers will meet at their designated tent.
- Graduate Student Orientation Check-In - Help finalize set up for Graduate Student Orientation and then help check students in! You might: Move boxes, arrange supplies, hand out t-shirts, check folks in via an app, answer questions about the schedule or campus. Volunteers will meet at the UMC South Terrace tent.
- UMC Directional Support - Volunteers will be stationed in the UMC atrium and will assist student and families in answer questions as well as providing directional support.
- Proctored Exam Volunteer - Assist Applied Math with the check-in and execution of the math proctored exam setup and monitoring. Swipe student cards upon entering the exam room. Walk around the room and visually monitor students and assist them with any questions. Volunteers will meet in CHEM 142.
- CU Neighborhood Block Party - Volunteers will assist with food distribution, line management, directional support, and engagement.
- Sophomore Stampede - Volunteers will assist NSFP with event management and support. Volunteers will meet on Benson Lawn.
- CU Kickoff - Assist with student traffic flow to appropriate sections for seating. Support student questions and directions to restroom or other associated needs. Volunteers will meet at the Ralphie statue outside of Folsom Field.
- Spirit Night - Volunteers will provide event support and engage with students, assist vendors, help to manage lines and support students with questions. Volunteers will meet at the tents on Lot 360.
- Outdoor Film Screening Volunteer - Volunteers will generally support the event by monitoring students, assisting with any questions, and directing students to seating/exit spots. Volunteers will be able to watch the movie as well! Meet on Duane lawn.
- WelcomeFest Concert Ticketing Support - Volunteers will assist with distributing the wristbands to students who will use them to enter the concert. Volunteers will swipe Buff OneCards and look up student via identikey/student ID. Meet at the primary ticketing location between Farrand Hall and east side of Farrand Field.
- WelcomeFest Concert Event Support - Volunteers will primarily assist with entry to the event, checking students for tickets/wristbands and explaining venue rules/policies. Some volunteers may also be asked to float around the event, generally observing the event and checking areas like perimeter fencing. Meet at the primary ticketing location between Farrand Hall and east side of Farrand Field.
How to Sign Up:
1. Identify which volunteer roles and times that fit your schedule (most people sign up for more than one spot).
2. Scroll through the list by date, and click on an opportunity you would like to volunteer for. Click SIGN UP at the bottom of the screen and proceed through the information. (You can click multiple slots then hit SIGN UP)
3. Read and agree to the attached volunteer waiver, then, click Finish.
We have attached the volunteer waiver that you need to agree to at the end of the signup process. Everyone is required to sign it unless you are a CU Staff member being directed to support Fall Welcome as part of your work.
For questions or more information please visit our website or contact Andrew Alexander, the Assistant Director of the Volunteer Resource Center, or visit the Volunteer Resource Center Website
|| CU Boulder Volunteer Resource Center