What you need to know:
- The Boulder Lab is currently operating at 25% capacity. Reservations are required.
- Mask Required at ALL times while in the Boulder Lab
- ALL customers can enter the front doors and MUST check-in at the front desk.
- Anyone in the Boulder Lab (Climber and non-climbers require a waiver).
- Climbers must observe physical distancing while on the premises.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and it is encouraged to use frequently.
- Staff or participants will not be permitted to enter if they have a fever or are presenting symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you feel sick, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have recently been in contact with a high-risk individual you should not come to the gym.
- Bathrooms and water fountains are located in the front of the CORE building.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Boulder Lab?
The Boulder Lab is a 1500 square foot Bouldering Climbing Gym on Kirtland AFB.
Where is the Boulder Lab?
The Boulder Lab is located within Kirtland Outdoor Recreation in the CORE building at 8001 Gibson Blvd SE.
How much does it cost?
- Day Pass: $7
- 10 Punch Card: $50
- 1 Month Membership: $40
- 3 Month Membership: $90
- 6 Month Membership: $140
- 12 Month Membership: $250
- Children (12 and under)
- Day Pass: $5
- 10 Punch Card: $50
- 1 Month Membership: $35
- 3 Month Membership: $65
- 6 Month Membership: $100
- 12 Month Membership: $175
Do I need my own shoes?
No. Shoes are currently included with all Boulder Lab passes
Who can use the Boulder Lab?
Anyone with Base Access. Uniform Service Member and their family members, Service Retiree and their family members, Honorably discharged veterans with base access, DoD/DOE Civilian, Guest of Active Duty, and Guest of Base Personnel.
When can I come to the Boulder Lab?
Monday - Friday 9AM - 8PM
When is the Boulder Lab closed?
Sat, Sun, Holidays and every Third Thursday for Training
Can I book the Boulder Lab?
Yes. A private booking of the Boulder Lab is $50 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. This includes the entry for up to 15 climbers. Call 505-846-3923 for more information.