CERT Basic is offered by two different tracks to complete the 22-hour class.
- CERT Basic is a 20-hour class consisting of 4 evening classes which combine lecture, discussion, and hands-on skills practice. Topics covered include Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Medicine, Fire and Utility Safety, Simple Search and Rescue, Terrorism, and more. The class concludes with one full-weekend day session that includes classwork, review, and hands-on team activities including search and rescue, extractions, proper use of fire extinguishers, and cribbing.
- Phase 1 12- to-15-hour FEMA-developed online course of instruction and a 2-hour California CERT-developed online triage unit are an option for those who need a more flexible training schedule. The online training is broken into 9 units that may be taken in any order and at your own pace and convenience.
- Phase 2 is a 3-hour in-person or zoom instructor-led class providing local information, teach backs and review of the online CERT training. For the safety of all, only COVID-vaccinated instructors and students will participate.
- Phase 3 is a 5-hour outdoor hands-on session where you can demonstrate your CERT-related skills including disaster medical skills, search and rescue, extractions, proper use of fire extinguishers, and cribbing. You will receive a CERT backpack and tools, CERT vest and helmet.
- Complete COVID vaccination series
- Proof of COVID vaccination to Joyce Smith at [email protected].
COVID precautions during class are outlined here: https://santacruzcountycert.org/cert-covid-19-policy/
Please contact Joyce ([email protected] ) with questions
PLEASE CLICK THE TABS ABOVE FOR THE CLASS SERIES YOU WANT TO REGISTER FOR.
|| CERT Registrar