California Council on Economic Education
These family workshops are part of a larger financial literacy initiative that CCEE is collaborating with Los Angeles Unified School District on. Students and their parents are invited to a school site to attend a free 3-hour workshop. Families break into small groups and rotate throughout personal finance stations, which are facilitated by volunteers, that cover topics such as budgeting/saving, credit, and needs vs. wants.
We are looking for 10 volunteers in total per workshop:
- 8 Activity Facilitators: There will be table sessions at which students and parents will learn about a specific topic, i.e. Budgeting, Saving & Goal Setting, Human Capital
- 2 Logistical: These volunteers would assist with ensuring that attendees are greeted and receive their materials, help pass out/collect surveys.
All of the events will take place in Los Angeles County.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is prior experience required? No previous experience is required for volunteers.
- Is prior CCEE-training required? No prior CCEE-training is required.
- Does CCEE provide the topic presentation materials? If so, do the volunteers obtain the presentation materials in-advance of the event? Yes, CCEE does provide the program materials. All registered volunteers will be sent a volunteer packet with information about their roles and what to expect at the Family Financial Literacy Event two weeks in advance. Volunteers will not be assigned to specific table topics until the day of the event.
- By what date is the volunteer commitment, compared to event date, required to be given to CCEE? Volunteer sign ups will be accepted until all of the slots have been filled. Since the program topic materials are straightforward, volunteers who wish to sign up can do so up until the night before the event.
**All school sites are designated as Low to Middle Income and have more than 50% of students on free and reduced lunch.