Our volunteers have a huge impact on The Prouty™ and we are fortunate to have more than 1,000 each year to help make this event a success. We have volunteer shifts every day from June 30-July 14, 2020, with the majority of those shifts taking place on Friday and Saturday - July 10 and 11th. To view the available shifts, scroll down the page where you will see dates on the left, tasks and descriptions on the right and the time of the shift in the middle of the screen.
- Ready to help in a bigger way? For those who are willing and able to take on a bigger volunteering commitment, we need Parking, Info Tent, Registration and ProutyGear volunteers. These roles come with a bit more responsibility and also require attending a training session prior to The Prouty. Up to the challenge? Contact the Prouty Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].
- Want to volunteer for the rowing event? Contact Rowing Event Co-Director Carin Reynolds at [email protected].
- Want to volunteer at the Indoor Prouty at DHMC? Click here to sign up.
- Want to participate AND volunteer at The Prouty? Click here to register for The Prouty
- Want to fundraise as a Volunteer? We suggest signing up as a Prouty Virtual (do anything, any time, any where!) as well as a Volunteer. To register, click here.
- What should I wear? Most Prouty jobs are physical and may take place outside—please dress in comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather (rain gear, if necessary) and suitable footwear (NO flip-flops!). For outdoor positions please remember to be SUN SAFE (sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats). Parking Volunteers will be issued a yellow safety vest and a radio for communication.
- Where do I go for my shift? Most shifts take place at the Richmond Middle School, where the event site is, but there are also volunteer shifts that take place throughout the Upper Valley. Please check in at the RMS Gym (for pre- and post-event day shifts) and on Saturday, July 11, 2020, please check in at the Info Tent on the RMS field. If you have signed up for a shift that is not at RMS, please check in with the Volunteer Coordinator to find out where and who you will be meeting.
- Have some extra time? We encourage you to sign up for more than one shift if you’re able (many participants also volunteer before or after their event!).
- Can children volunteer? In order to volunteer independently, children must be age 14 or older and assignments will depend on the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator. Younger volunteers must be accompanied by an adult and be able to work responsibly alongside the adult so that they don’t need the full attention of the adult.
- Should I bring food/drink with me? As a volunteer, you are invited to attend the Friday night pasta dinner, and breakfast and lunch are available at the Food Tent on Saturday. (But yes, you can absolutely bring your own food/drinks with you!) Your volunteer T-shirt will gain clearance into the Food Tent. Stay Green by bringing your own water bottle to fill at drink stations.
- What if there is a problem? On the day of The Prouty, if there is anything you are uncomfortable or unhappy with, please let us know. Talk to your supervisor. If they’re not available, come to the Volunteer Tent or call the Prouty helpline at (800) 226-8744.
Questions? Email us at [email protected] or call 800-226-8744.