Waterbury Green Up volunteers
Welcome to the online sign up for Waterbury Green Up 2020!
It's the 50th anniversary of Green Up in Vermont
Thank you for your patience this year with the delayed schedule due to COVID-19 and thanks to those who started early anyway.
Scroll down and select a location that you will Green Up.
The number refers to parties on a particular road, in a park, etc. One name per party is sufficient. Need to check a map? Click here: http://tinyurl.com/kztowlz
Note: This signup is handy but it is just a guide - not everyone will use it. Should you go to green up your spot and find that someone else has already done it, don't panic! Just find another spot. All trash is fair game on Green Up Day!
- BAGS: Will be available at the town offices and Sunflower Market on Rt. 100 by May 22.
- DROP OFF LOCATIONS: On May 30, Green Up Day drop-off spots will be the Town Garage on Guptil Road from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Also Rodney's Fast Trash near the Ice Center will accept Green Up bags from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- METAL: Rodney's will accept metal for free. In addition to metal found during Green Up, anyone can bring in scrap metal items for recycling. No propane tanks, please! Only Rodney will accept appliances with refrigerants inside for a $10 fee (dehumidifiers, air conditioners, refrigerators).
- TIRES: Tires found doing Green Up are accepted free of charge. Only Rodney's will accept personal car and pickup truck tires for $4 each. Rims OK.
- 5-CENT Returnables: We try very hard to recycle the 5- and 15-cent returnable bottles and cans collected during Green Up. Please bag them separately from trash wherever possible. A community group will clean and redeem them. Drop off returnables at the Town Garage site. (Household returnables will also be accepted.)
- PLEASE NO: We cannot collect household waste, hazardous waste, electronics or propane tanks.
Green Up is fun to do with family, friends or co-workers. This year please take care to social distance. Go out with family members or those in your own household. If you are with a group, be sure to maintain distance.
- Remember to dress appropriately for Green Up with gloves, boots, long pants to avoid ticks near tall grass or brush.
- Pick a location away from traffic if you have young children along. Neighborhoods, side streets, parks, trails are safe choices with kids.
- We will NOT loan out safety vests this year, so please wear bright clothing.
- Watch out for trash that looks unusual, dangerous. Needles are a hazard and should be disposed of in trash (not recycling) in a sealed container. Report any sites that appear to have hazardous items to the Green Up coordinator (802-373-5878).
- You may Green Up before May 30 if conditions and your schedule allow. Know that the drop-off locations will only be available on May 30. If you Green Up early, either dispose of your bags with your own trash or hang onto them to drop off on Green Up Day.
Do you know of a spot that needs Green Up attention that's not on the signup list? Please email coordinator Lisa Scagliotti with details.
Questions? visit online at https://greenupvermont.org/ or contact local coordinator, Lisa Scagliotti at [email protected] or 802-373-5878.
Waterbury always looks great after Green Up. Many thanks to everyone for pitching in!
~ Lisa Scagliotti
8:00am - 4:00pm EDT
Bags at town offices and Sunflower Market. Drop off locations on May 30 are the Town Garage on Guptil Road 8-4 and Rodney's Fast Trash 8-2
|| Lisa Scagliotti