Roof Above is in need of 700-800 sandwiches everyday. We at HLUMC can help even when we can't be together! Sign up to make 25 sandwiches and bring them to the church by the end of the day Wednesday September 23rd. We will deliver on Thursday the 24th. If 25 is too many - just put how many you can do in the signup genius comment. Any amount will help!
- Use either white or soft whole wheat sandwich bread, no heels please.
- For meat sandwiches, use ham, turkey, roast beef or bologna. Please use your best judgment on the number of slices per sandwich. We are looking to serve hardy sandwiches. Neighbors particularly like a slice of cheese on their sandwiches, please include if your budget allows.
- No mayonnaise or mustard on the sandwiches and do not add lettuce or tomato. Individual packets of condiments are very much appreciated.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly is also a popular choice, however, they do not store as well as other sandwiches. Please limit the number of PBJ to under 100, bag them individually and make sure they are delivered soon after making them.
- The neighbors love egg salad but Pimento cheese is NOT well received by the neighbors.
- It is ideal to put sandwiches in individual baggies. Please feel free to use the least-expensive sandwich bags - no need for zip locks.
- Please keep meat/cheese or egg salad sandwiches refrigerated.
- If you have to choose between making fewer sandwiches and making better sandwiches, please choose better! Think about the sandwich YOU would like to eat at lunch.
- Please write the total number of sandwiches you delivered to the church on the outside of your packages to facilitate accurate and speedy counts.
|| William Horton