Roof Above needs 800+ sandwiches every day. We at HLUMC can help even when we cannot be together! Sign up to make 25 or more sandwiches and bring them to the church Evans Hall on Wednesday December 30th. The sandwiches will be delivered mid-morning on Thursday the 31st. If 25 is too many, just put how many you can do in the comment. Any amount will help!
Please indicate the total number of sandwiches you deliver to the church on the outside of your delivery to facilitate quick and accurate counts.
Roof Above Sandwich Guidelines:
- Use soft white or whole wheat sandwich bread and no heels please.
- Ham, turkey, roast beef or bologna meat sandwiches with cheese are popular with our neighbors. Use best judgment on number of slices per sandwich, but we are looking to serve hardy sandwiches. If you must choose between making fewer sandwiches and making better sandwiches, please choose better! Think about the sandwich YOU would like to eat at lunch.
- No mayonnaise or mustard on the sandwiches and do not add lettuce or tomato. Individual packets of condiments are very much appreciated.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly is a popular choice, but do not store as well as other sandwiches. Please limit the number of PB&J sandwiches delivered and make sure they are individually bagged and delivered soon after making them.
- Our neighbors love egg salad, but pimento cheese is not as well received.
- Please place sandwiches in individual baggies and keep meat, cheese and egg salad sandwiches refrigerated.
Thank you! Wishing you and your family a MerryChristmas and Happy New Year!
|| William Horton