Acting Up auditioners
Who: Interested high school (9-12th grade) students (audition sign up for 1st-8th graders is in a separate Sign Up genius).
What: We are so excited that Acting Up's spring show offers opportunities for high school students to be a part of the leadership and production team. Here are some of the roles available to high school students:
- Assistant to the Director: Assist the director in rehearsals.
- Assistant to the Producer: Assist the producer with various tasks, such as community out-reach setup, volunteer coordination, etc. The Assistant to the Producer may be asked to attend some producer meetings.
- Assistant to the Vocal Director: Assist in warm-ups and help teach parts of songs.
- Choreographers: Choreograph and teach dances.
- Dance Captain: Help to clean and polish dances.
- Ensemble Captain: Assist ensemble with blocking, dancing, etc.
- Rehearsal Monitor
- Hair & MakeUp
- Publicity: create publicity video and other social media ideas.
- Sib Program
- Stage Management and Crew
- Lobby Decor
- Stargram Coordinator
- Sensory Friendly Show Coordinator: Help develop and execute ideas for a sensory friendly performance.
- Graphic Design: help to design t-shirt, magnet, poster, and playbill.
When: Interviews for those interested will be on Tues, Nov. 13th, 6-8 pm.
Where: Mason Intermediate 45 cafeteria, 6307 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason
How: These interviews will include group discussions with 4 interviewees during 15 minute timeslots.
Those interested in interviewing should sign up for a timeslot below, print the attached application, and bring their completed application to the interview.
The teen volunteers will be led by the Teen Board consisting of Skye Haruyama, Leah Major, Christopher Mann and Anna Kinasewitz. The Teen Board Advisor is Andrea Ledford.
Show info: A hit on Broadway, A Year with Frog and Toad was nominated for three Tony Awards – including Best Musical. Based on Arnold Lobel's well-loved books, and featuring a hummable score, this whimsical show follows two great friends – the cheerful, popular Frog and the rather grumpy Toad – through four fun-filled seasons.
Schedule: The Teen Board and teen production team members will meet before the cast auditions. The cast (and teen volunteers) will have a meet and greet on December 10, and then rehearsals will start January 7th. Performances are scheduled to be March 15-17 at Mason Community Players Theater 42.
Who's Directing?: "A Year of Frog and Toad" will be directed by Joel Saeks, with Music Direction by Jeanne Bilyeu, Produced by Adrianna Hartmann
Mason Intermediate 45 cafeteria