Auditions for "Tuck Everlasting" with Acting Up
Who: Anyone 6-18 years old (and still in high school)
When: Monday, December 2 or Tuesday, December 3, 6:30-9:00 pm. Your entire audition will take about 45 minutes. Callbacks (for those requested) will be on Thursday, December 5.
Where: Acting Up Mason, 108 E. Church St, Mason, OH 45040
What would you do if you had all eternity?
Eleven-year-old Winnie Foster yearns for a life of adventure beyond her white picket fence, but not until she becomes unexpectedly entwined with the Tuck Family does she get more than she could have imagined. When Winnie learns of the magic behind the Tuck’s unending youth, she must fight to protect their secret from those who would do anything for a chance at eternal life. As her adventure unfolds, Winnie faces an extraordinary choice: return to her life, or continue with the Tucks on their infinite journey.
Based on best-selling children’s classic by Natalie Babbitt and adapted for the stage by Claudia Shear and Tim Federle, Tuck Everlasting features a soaring score from Chris Miller and Nathan Tysen.
What to prepare and bring:
- Song: Be prepared to perform 32 measures (no longer than 1 minute) of any song that highlights your voice. This should be a Broadway-type song. You should sing with karaoke-type music (no vocals) on your phone, iPod, or CD. There will not be an accompanist.
- Monologue: You should perform a monologue no longer than 1 minute that demonstrates your acting ability (you may be cut off).
- Dress to dance. A short piece of choreography will be taught and performed as part of the audition process.
- Audition Form: Found on our database at ActingUpdb.com. Please create an account and enter all your information, including conflicts. If you already have an account, DO NOT create a new one, but make sure to update your information before printing. Bring a printed copy of the audition form, including your conflicts list, with you to your audition. Please make sure that ALL of your CONFLICTS are listed in the database and printed with your form. ALL conflicts must be reported at auditions.
- Photo: Bring a recent photo that looks like you, that you do not need returned. No need at all for professional photos, a selfie is fine. It is merely to help the casting board recall who is who.
Schedule: Rehearsals will begin in early January, and are expected to be Monday-Thursday 6:30-9:00pm and Sundays 2:00-5:00pm. Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal. Performances will be April 3-5 at the Mason Middle School Theater.
Who's Directing?: "Tuck Everlasting" will be directed by Brent Peebles, with assistant director Brahm Corstanje. Music Direction by Jeanne Bilyeu.
Acting Up Mason