Instructions for Weekly Alb Washing
1. Please pick up albs Sunday, after 6pm (following 5pm Mass- don’t wait too long after 6pm or church may be locked). Can also be picked up Monday morning, if more convenient. Church is open after 6:30am Mass on Monday mornings (except holidays).
2. Albs to wash will be in laundry hamper in alb closet in sacristy. Only need to wash those albs that are in the hamper.
3. Take plastic hangers from the closet home with you - may want to bring your own laundry basket/bag to carry the load. On a regular weekend, there may be 12-14 albs to wash.
4. Wash at home in machine, using perfume and dye-free detergent (consider servers with sensitive skin). Prior to washing, please pre-treat all collars and any soiled/stained areas (sometimes wine spills on front) with stain remover. Albs are easy to wash, using warm or hot water, bleach is ok too. Synthetic fabric albs can be dried on permanent press, cotton ones on regular dryer setting.
5. If you remove them from the dryer and hang immediately, they won’t need to be ironed.
6. Please make every effort to return the albs on Monday, or at the latest Tuesday morning. There are sometimes funerals or school masses during the week and the albs might be needed, so do not wait until the following weekend to return them.
7. When you return to the alb closet, make sure cinctures (rope belts) are all hung up and tidy on the rack inside the closet and albs are in size order. If anything has fallen to the bottom of the closet, please tidy up.
* The key to the sacristy door is located behind the altar in the wall closet to the right on a hook at eye level. Please make sure the sacristy door is locked when you leave and the key is returned to its proper location.
Any questions or issues, please contact Denise Traboulsi 310-613-7899
Thank you in advance for your help!
|| Parish Office