AIM 2019 Families
Putting on the Recital takes a LOT of work, and we need your help! I hope that you will join me in making this a wonderful experience for all of our dancers here at AIM!
The most important parent volunteer job is Class Mom. These moms stay with their group during rehearsals and the Recital to help keep everyone calm, happy, and organized in the dressing room. Please consider signing up to be your child’s Class Mom. All Class Moms will be able to watch their child perform from a special reserved seating section in the front of the audience! That means you can give your free ticket to another member of the family.
Class Mom duties include:
- Attending a Class Mom meeting on Tuesday, June 4th at AIM from 5:45pm-6:15pm. Children of Class Moms are welcome to stay during this meeting.
- Staying with their class/group during tech rehearsals and Recital at the Scottish Rite Temple. (exact times listed in your Recital Info Packet)
- Helping dancers change costumes. (All dancers will wear nude leotard undergarments - no one will be getting completely naked.)
- Helping dancers with makeup/hair touch-ups (they will arrive with hair and makeup already done).
- Helping dancers stay calm and organized while in the dressing room, keeping young ones occupied, helping little ones with bathroom breaks, etc.
- Escorting dancers to the stage when it is their time to rehearse/perform (event staff will be there to tell you when to go and to guide you through the maze of a building)
- Watching their group perform from special reserved Class Mom seating in the front row.
- Escorting dancers back to the dressing room after they are done rehearsing/performing.
- Signing dancers in/out.
- Informing event staff immediately of any emergencies/issues.