WCT Kidz will be presenting “Disney’s High School Musical 2” July 30 - August 2, 2020 at Canonsburg Middle School auditorium in Canonsburg, PA.
Auditions will be held Friday, March 27th from 6:00-9:00PM and Saturday, March 28 from 9:00AM - 2:00PM at the First Presbyterian Church in Washington, PA, located at 100 E. Wheeling St. Auditions are for children and teens aged 10-16. *PLEASE NOTE* Children aged 7-9 are WELCOME to audition for the WCT Kidz Junior Ensemble. Children that are chosen for the WCT Kidz Junior ensemble will be able to participate onstage in the production in some capacity, if cast. Auditions for the Junior Ensemble will be held from 5:00-6:00PM on Friday, March 27. If callbacks are necessary, they will be on Sunday afternoon, 4:30-6:30PM.
- Please sign up accordingly for only ONE slot based on your age. Auditions will be done in groups. We want you to succeed and are rooting you on! The dance portion will be a moderately simple combination.
- For those aged 7-9: There will be no dance combination/script reading for the Junior Ensemble auditionees; please come at your scheduled time and be prepared to sing 16 bars of your favorite uptempo song. An accompanist and speaker/CD player will be provided.
- For those aged 10-16: Please be prepared to sing 16 bars of an uptempo Musical Theatre, Disney, or Rock selection. Bring sheet music for your accompanist. You may be asked to read from the script. There will be a dance portion of your audition.
- The following information for TIMES, etc. are not meant to confuse you. They're meant to keep things running smoothly and on time. :-)
- Friday auditions: For those with an audition slot between 6:30-7:30PM on Friday, please arrive PROMPTLY at/before 6:10PM on Friday to learn the dance combination. For those with an audition slot between 8:00-9:00PM on Friday, please arrive PROMPTLY at/before 7:40PM on Friday to learn the dance combination. People who are needed for CALLBACKS on Sunday will be emailed on Friday night following auditions- please check your email. You will receive an email with .pdf versions of the sides/musical selections we'd like you to prepare for Sunday's callbacks.
- Saturday auditions: For those with an audition slot between 9:30-10:30AM on Saturday, please arrive PROMPTLY at/before 9:10AM on Saturday to learn the dance combination. For those with an audition slot between 11:00-12:20PM on Saturday, please arrive PROMPTLY at/before 10:40AM to learn the dance combination. For those with an audition slot between 1:00-2:00PM on Saturday, please arrive PROMPTLY at/before 12:40PM to learn the dance combination. People who are needed for CALLBACKS on Sunday will be emailed on Saturday afternoon following auditions- please check your email. You will receive an email with .pdf versions of the sides/musical selections we'd like you to prepare for Sunday's callbacks.
- No parents will be permitted in the audition space.
- We are reserving 4:30-6:30PM on Sunday, March 29 for callbacks. Please note on your audition form if you have an absolute conflict with this time frame.
- When casting is finalized, we will notify everyone via email. You can still be cast even if you aren’t called back for a specific role.
Rehearsals will consist of either (or both, depending on your role) Friday evenings and Saturday mornings in April and May and will extend into various weekdays/weeknights in June and July. NOTE: Rehearsals are mandatory for all cast members from July 20 - through the close of the show.
*****PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR AUDITION FORM PRIOR TO YOUR AUDITION
AT THIS LINK BELOW:****
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jessica Tomsic, director, at [email protected].
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!